PDA

View Full Version : Sexing Kittens

sarahd
10-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I know from time to time some of us have the joy of sexing kittens and it can be quite hard as the sex change fairy does visit frequently and they look to be one sex one day and another another day.

I came across this website with two real pictures. One of a boy and one of a girl looking from behind and lifting up the tail. It really helped me to reach a decision on the sexes of mine so thought i would drop the link in here for anyone who might need it.

Sarah
x

http://www.siameseplanet.co.uk/kitten_sexing.htm

Mags
10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
That shows what's what clearly Sarah .....thanks for posting the link - not that I would ever need it myself! :D

sarahd
10-06-2007, 10:33 PM
lol It certainly does Mags.

Its really handy for those of us just starting out though. I know its helped me a great deal

Sarah
x

Fran
10-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Thank you for the link Sarah! Meezers are really difficult though and don't look anything like that at all :roll: I've never got the sex of a moggie kitten wrong yet but I've really struggled with these meezer babies :?

sarahd
10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Wouldnt mind Fran but its supposed to be a siamese kitten lol

Sarah
x

dandysmom
11-06-2007, 02:16 AM
That's a great link, Sarah...I never expect to need it, but sure it'll be very helpful to others; thanks for posting!

Fran
11-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Well those two must have been really good 'specimens' 'cos mine didn't look anything as obvious as that at all :roll: :-D