PDA

View Full Version : Strange place to give birth to a kitten

smudgley
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
HI everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been on here much recently, I have been so busy with cat stuff - I don't know if I'm coming or going at the minute. :roll: Anyway I had a call from a lady saying that a cat had a kitten in her garden last year, they kept the kitten, but never handled her as she was timid... she's now wild & unapproachable. She thought she may have had a litter as she heard squeaking in the shed a few days ago, but didn't want to look & as it was all quiet now - she presumed they were all dead..... :shock:

Off goes Smudgley to check out things! I arrived to find 2 kittens (8 weeks old) they are from the origional mom again. :roll: Then she showed me the shed..... in the corner was a black plastic bucket, inside the bucket was the mom cat. I gently tipped up the bucket so that wild mom got out & at the bottom was a big fat baby! wriggly around quite contented... fancy having your baby in a bucket. :roll:

dandysmom
09-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Awww! Feral cats have such a sad life! Will you be taking the bucket baby or is it too little to leave mum?

smudgley
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Awww! Feral cats have such a sad life! Will you be taking the bucket baby or is it too little to leave mum?

He's about 3 days old. :shock: We have a pen free within the branch & as this lady is going on holiday, we will be collecting bucket-babe & his wild mom very soon :cool:

dinahsmum
09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Well you have the perfect ready-made name - Mop for a boy and Moppet for a girl. And a wonderful publicity story for the local paper. Take some kitten pics but don't tell them/get it published till the kitten is ready to rehome. Publicity and a queue of people wanting to adopt! Sorted!

dandysmom
09-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Brilliant, DM!

Mags
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Well that must be a first Smudgley :lol: you would have thought it would be too cramped to give birth in a bucket!! Was the kitten a little 'pail' in colour? ;):lol:

Animagus
09-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Well that must be a first Smudgley :lol: you would have thought it would be too cramped to give birth in a bucket!! Was the kitten a little 'pail' in colour? ;):lol:

:-? lol witty

tilly
09-06-2007, 05:38 PM
What a cute story I am glad that the mum and kitten will be safe with you soon.

Sally

smudgley
09-06-2007, 05:44 PM
It's a boy DM.

Oh yes & the 2 kittens that are 8 weeks old - she is keeping & told me they are girls... then I shocked her by telling her they are actually 2 boys!

mable1718
09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
aww what a wierd place and im glad that the mum and kitten are safe with you

charliebubs
09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm glad that the wild mum and bucket-baby are okay and will soon be safely with you.

I hope the lady is going to get the original mum neutered now? Poor kitty. :(

Look forward to pics. :)

smudgley
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes origional mom is getting neutered on Monday. :roll:

Younger mom (rat cat as she's called:? ) is getting neutered when she's finished rearing "mop".

Sorry guys, these pair won't be coming here, so no photos this time. :( {they are going to another fosterer}

dandysmom
09-06-2007, 10:02 PM
"rat cat" ? What a horrible name for that poor little mum cat! Is she too feral to ever be adopted?

Jac
10-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Rat cat!!!! and she wants more kittens??? Is she one of thoes people you here about that only likes kittens then gets fed up when they get bigger do you think? she doesn't sound nice.