PDA

View Full Version : Cats i am looking after have gone off the food leftfor them

kado
07-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Like it said i am looking after my friends cats and they have gone off there food they left for them. I put down felix with cod and plaice down this morning at its all been eaten. They are least leaving about half a can of there usual food. Should i try them on there food that they left or try them on felix again tommorow, I have put there tea down for tonight hope they eat it. Any adice would be very welcolm.

jane Kado Guinness Kay and Simon

Oscar, Buffy, Spot, Mogwhai(cats i am looking after)

mable1718
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
well it might just be the hot weather dry food might make a difference

Fran
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
If it's the Felix they like, you could try adding a little of that to their usual food and see if that tempts them..

dandysmom
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Fran has a good idea; worth a try!

kado
08-06-2007, 12:51 PM
All the felix i put down yesterday went. I put down some kit-kat and they havent touched it so far. I know every so often they go off there food and they change it. I will try Fran's idea. There back next sunday and i will let them know they are beign fussy at the moment.

jane

Mags
08-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Cassie would never touch Kit-e-Kat either.

Maybe they have got the taste for Felix now and prefer it to the other. That's a good idea of Fran's to mix the two.......make sure you really mix it together though, not half on one side and half on the other, or they will just pick out the Felix!:D

dinahsmum
08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
It may be a mixture of 'muggy' weather, people gone away and generally being a bit fussy. Are they due back day after tomorrow Sunday? If so I wouldn't worry too much - just make sure they have water. They can live off their fat for a couple of days and will have good appetites when their people are back

Donna
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Maybe they are missing their owners, so they are a bit off their food???

kado
08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
There back on the sixteenth. I have looked after them for nearly 2 years now so there used to me. The eldest cat mogwhai is 16yrs and she as just started to trust me and if any of the others see me outside they come too me for a stroke and usualy follow me back home they only live a minute away and i can see there house from the living room window so i visit at least 4-6 times a day. T

jane

dandysmom
08-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Those cats are lucky to have such a caring and attentive sitter as you!

kado
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks dandysmom i love my cats too bits well any cats

jane