PDA

View Full Version : My kitten eye discharge

waynethegame
03-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi,

On friday i noticed cody my 14 week old little boy has a pale yellow discharge coming out of both of his eyes, i phoned our vet on friday to get an appointment but they couldnt get us in until tuesday as they are fully booked. Im going to phone them again tomorrow to try and get him in sooner, Since then ive been using cotton wool and dipping it in warm water to get the muck out of his eyes, his eyes will stay clean for about an hour then they go all dirty again, Personally i think he has conjuncitivitis but im worried about other eye infections that he could have.

Cody hardly plays with the other kittens and sleeps alot more than usual, hes not eating as well as he did a week a go.

Alot of people who i have spoke to have told me because hes pure white kitten hes prone to eye infections,
is this true?

Fran
03-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure about any correlation between pure white kittens and eye problems, I do know that some pure white kittens are deaf though...maybe a reason he is quieter than the rest? Have you noticed a problem with his hearing? Certainly worth getting him checked out by the vet and yes I'd push for an appointment sooner rather than later. Most vets reserve a couple of slots for emergencies, perhaps your vets could push you in as an emergency tomorrow if you explain the symptoms? Good luck and do let us know how Cody is

Jac
03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
There's myths about white boxers as I'm sure there are about any animal that's white. As Fran said there could be a hearing problem that is genetic in some white animals. As for white cats to be prone to eye infections I would take it with a pinch of sault.
I would boil water add a little sault then bathe the eye's useing a clean bit cotton wool for each eye.
Yes get an appointment tomorrow if you cn.
Good luck, please keep us posted.

waynethegame
04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I got Cody into the vets today at 10.30, he has got cat flu ive been given antibotics and fucithalmic eye drops. He has a high temp, under weight and ive been told to keep him seperated from my other kittens. He has got to go back in a weeks time to see if he has improved.

I will keep you all updated on Cody.

Mags
04-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Poor Cody, I hope he soon gets over his bout of Cat Flu.....:(

Fingers crossed none of your other kittens will catch it..:(

dinahsmum
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Hope Cody feels much better soon. Poor thing, poorly and lonely - give him extra gentle cuddles

Fran
04-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear Cody is so unwell :( I do hope he starts to pick up really soon x

Jac
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
So sorry to read this. I hope he gets over it quickly, at least now you have treatment for him which will kick in soon. Poor baby.