PDA

View Full Version : Neighbourhood Fox

Jac
31-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Ive seen him twice this week. Once on Tuesday Morning and again about 2mins ago. By the time I grabbed my camera he was away.
Derek cut back all the over grown tree's on Saturday and he's walking along side of our fence where it used to be all over grown.
Quite a scaby looking boy, possibly a bit bedraggled tonight.
I promise I'll ttry and get a photo asap. Also was watching a squirrel earlier.

smudgley
31-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Can't say I'm a lover of foxes. :roll: But photos would be good to see.

Jac
31-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Neither am I Smudgley but I'm amazed at how close he comes to the house. Plus were bang in the middle of Edinburgh.

alexgirl73
31-05-2007, 09:50 PM
My OH absolutely loves foxes! Thinks they are one of the most beautiful creatures around.

smudgley
31-05-2007, 09:51 PM
There used to eb a man made foxes den in one of the gardens at the back of us & one year the cubs used to come & play in our garden each morning. I caught them one day legging it with a lovely new ball-on-a-rope! :shock: & a flip-flop!

dandysmom
31-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Foxes are becoming urbanized! They're very clever and have adapted well to living in the city...sightings of them in neighborhoods are common. I'm only 2 blocks from the woods and have occasionally seen one strolling down the alley, quite unconcerned...they're beautiful animals. (Not if you have chickens, however!!)

Kazz
31-05-2007, 10:12 PM
There wasa programme on foxes on the telly a few weeks ago anyone recall? it seems that 80% sure thats right of urban/town foxes have mange. And die a terrible death in pain. Poor things they have come into the towns/cities because we leave so much food around.

Mags
31-05-2007, 10:25 PM
My parents used to have foxes and their babies at the top of their garden years ago, they were awful, mangy looking things.........it's no wonder it spreads around the fox population :?

Fran
31-05-2007, 11:27 PM
We have two visit regularly to eye up the rabbit :roll:

Jac
01-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Kazz, I didn't see that program, sounds terrible. In all I think we have three. I got a really good look at the male last night as he stopped for a pee:oops: .
It's a shame really that they have come into towns, out of there natural inviroment. Again us humans are to blame.

dandysmom
01-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Right, we keep building and building and destroy their natural habitat, then wonder why they move to the cities/suburbs. Same here with deer! Did you know that there are more deer here in the States now than there were when it was first colonized! No natutral predators left and lack of habitat!

Tanya
01-06-2007, 04:29 PM
I thought I saw a fox in my front garden the other night, only for my mum to tell me it was a cat!! :roll:

I really should get my eyes tested ;) :shock: