PDA

View Full Version : grumpy lady is having them put down

smudgley
31-05-2007, 08:02 PM
.... apparently :roll:

The lady who left a snotty mesage yesterday, seemed ok when I spoke to her. I explained the situation & although she wasn't happy - she seemed ok. She did say her terrriers were trying to kill the mom & 4 kittens she had taken in. :roll:

Today, I had to go a couple of streets away to visit some babies under a shed (little poppets) & so I called her & left a message to say I'd pop round. I phoned several times & she wasn't in, so I called round & knoocked the door. She wasn't there, so I left a carrier bag full of kitten pouches & a note saying that I would be in touch as soon as we could take them & here is some food to help out with the feeding.

She must have done 1471 & got my mobile number & she called me to say that - she can't keep them, the cat is ruining her house & her dogs want to kill the kittens & that she thinks she will have to take them to the vet to be put to sleep :roll: I asked if she had called any other rescues & she said she had but none had got back to her. She then said again that euthanasia may be the only option.... (don't worry guys, there's no way on this earth she'd take them) it's a plea of desperation. :roll: I just said if she wanted to have them euthanased then although I wouldn't advise it, obviously it was her choice.:roll:

Fran
31-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I get the impression she is trying to make you feel guilty in the hope you will take them Smudgley, I'd be surprised if she did take them and even more surprised if a vet agreed to euthanize them ;)

cc22peatree
31-05-2007, 08:11 PM
:shock: I just cant believe some people I really cant:shock:

alexgirl73
31-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Silly moo!!! As if you haven't heard it all before!

Jac
31-05-2007, 08:26 PM
It's a common reaction to some saddo's if you cant drop everything there and then:( I think your right Smudgley, she just wants rid and if she's had them this long she'll keep them til you can take them.

I dont know of a Vet yet that would do such a thing anyway.

Mags
31-05-2007, 08:49 PM
She is definately trying you with the desperate guilt trip Smudgley:mad: I think she would have to be pretty heartless to have the mum and babies put to sleep.

Will you be keeping in touch with her to see what happens?

Moli
31-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Cannot see any vet putting a healthy cat and kittens down.....She certainly is try to make you feel guilty.

smudgley
31-05-2007, 09:32 PM
She was quite funny really, she was telling me how lovely & fluffy they are and 2 are long haired & how they remind her of dusters, because they are so fluffy..... & how she is animal mad & has 3 horses, 3 dogs & 3 cats of her own...... BUT the kittens are driving her mad & if we can't take them tomorrow, she'll just have to have them put down.... (yeah right) at least she could have tried to sound half convincing! :roll:

Kazz
31-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Think she is trying to turn the screws how come she has the cat and kittens anyhow?

dandysmom
31-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Pretty obvious guilt trip ploy! Honestly, the things some people try...:shock: :roll:

smudgley
31-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Think she is trying to turn the screws how come she has the cat and kittens anyhow?

They demolished the garden shed & found her underneath it with the babies. :(

sarahd
31-05-2007, 10:02 PM
poor little things

Lets hope the woman sees sense before long and shows them some compassion
Sarah
x

Amber
31-05-2007, 11:29 PM
I really can't believe some people. Does she honestly think that by threatening to do this you are suddenly going to magic up some room?! :roll:

I have not yet known of a vet willing to euthanise healthy cats or kittens and even if she did follow up her threats, I seriously doubt that she would find a vet willing to do it! Personally I think they are empty threats anyway but honestly! These people make me really annoyed :(