PDA

View Full Version : What Shampoo?

Erin
31-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Can anybody reccomend any shmpoo for me please?

I have VERY fine fly away hair.I am currently trying John Frieda volume enhancing shampoo and conditioner and healthy attitude nourishing spray but it really isnt working on my hair,it looks like i have put my fingers in a plug socket everytime I brish my hair :roll: .
My hairdresser reccomened ome stuff from the salon but its £8.50 for a small bottle :shock: .I was just wandering if anybody could suggest something a little cheaper before i go buying this stuff from the hairdressers.

Mags
31-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I use Tresemme now, which I find very good. It so says on the bottle that it is "used by the professionals". It really does make my hair feel better and more manageable. I use the one for 'all hair types' but I expect there is one to suit fine hair.

Edited to add......just noticed that it says it adds body and volume to your hair ;)

Erin
31-05-2007, 12:20 PM
I tried that before and it was the same :?
Makes me wander if the professional products are too much for my hair to handle:? ,i suppose I could give it another go though cause it was quite a while ago i used it.
I definatley need a shampoo thats going to add volume,my hair is so flat!!!!!!

mable1718
31-05-2007, 12:24 PM
i use heads and shoulders

Donna
31-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I have to use Tresemme for thick, hard to control hair, and also use an extra conditioning creme afterwards.

It does make a big difference if you get the right shampoo for your hair, as before I was using any old rubbish and my hair was so dry and wirey.

Tis nice and soft now.

Jac
31-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Erin, I have really fine hair by the sound of it a bit like yours. I use Mark Hill's products. They smell yummy and I find them really good. I also use Tony Guy heat protector spray.
There £5.99 for a bottle of shampoo the conditioner is the same and without Ceilidh's usage last for ages, It's a big pink bottle. Boots stock them. Good luck.

Erin
31-05-2007, 01:12 PM
oooooohhhh a pink bottle!!!!!!!!
Think ill be giving that a try,thanks Jac :lol:

How big are the bottles?are they about the normal size or smaller?

Jac
31-05-2007, 01:16 PM
They do diffrent sizes, pocket size being the smallest. The one I get is , hold on.........250mls 8inches high (just measured it:lol: ) and £5.99. Sometimes boots has 2 for 1 which is great but I love it.

Erin
31-05-2007, 01:36 PM
LOL ill fetch some of that after ve finished at the opticians.Thans Jac :)

Jac
31-05-2007, 01:39 PM
No probs. Hope you get your contacts sorted out ok. I'm sure you'll love the shampoo and conditioner!

Moli
31-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I have fine flyaway hair too, and am using Andrew Collinge soft & smooth salon shampoo & conditioner, its about £4.49 from super drug and last for ages....

Erin
31-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for that Moli,ill take a look at that too,i will prob have to go through loads till i find one that suits my hair,ive been through loads already :roll:

tilly
01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I have fine hair as well but have to use a medicated shampoo as my skin is very sensitive. But you could try the baby shampoos they might be better for fly away hairs.

Sally

Jac
02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
So what one did you go for Erin?

Erin
02-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I got the Mark Hills stuff this time Jac,I will try the Andrew Collinge stuff Moli said too at some point.
It was the pink bottles that made the final decission :lol:
I havnt used any yet but I shall be today so Ill let you know what I think :)

Jac
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm sure you'll love it! The smell is yummy too:-D

Moli
03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm sure you'll love it! The smell is yummy too:-D
What does it smell of Jac's???

Jac
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
:roll: Pinky flowers, with a hint of sherbet

Animagus
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
if its thin and flyaway... dont use conditioner at all it only adds to the problem and ends up flattening it again.... it may feel tuggy but its a big difference in the long run... my mums a hairdresser and she told me lol

Erin
03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
if its thin and flyaway... dont use conditioner at all it only adds to the problem and ends up flattening it again.... it may feel tuggy but its a big difference in the long run... my mums a hairdresser and she told me lol

Really?
My hairdresser told me to use a conditioner for fly away hair :?
I dont think couldnt not use conditioner,my hair gets full of knots anyway (i loose loads when im brushing it),I dread to think what it wold be like if i didnt use conditioner.
I may give it a try though,for as long as I can put up with it for anyway :lol: