PDA

View Full Version : Guinness Update

kado
30-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Got Guinness back from the vets this morning. He has got cysitas. They checked his blood for other causes but thankfully it was all clear. Apperentley big cats can have bouts of this Guinness is big. He's on antibiotics and has to back to the vets on friday for a check up. He's also eating, drinking and pee-ing as well. Thanks for all you for sending guinness all the kind toughts that you have sent.

Jane:cat1 :cat1 :cat1 :cat1

Mags
30-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm pleased to hear Guinness is back home again with you Jane:D Hopefully the AB's will clear the cystitis up and he will he right as rain once again...

kado
30-05-2007, 02:07 PM
The moment he came home and came out of his cage he went and beat up simon and kay and promptly went to scratch the settee I think i am going to let him get away with any thing today he's asleep now sat up with his head resting on his belly.

jane

dinahsmum
30-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Jane - pleased he is home. Have you looked into the water thing at all? Do you remember - I was wondering if you are in an area where he is getting a lot of calcium in his water? Maybe bottled water would be an idea? And possibly a little extra water snuck into his food?

kado
30-05-2007, 02:16 PM
No i havent but i think i will try the bottled for drinking and i will ask the vet on friday. All the advice is very helpful and i realy do apreciate and take on any advice i get given.

jane

ambermoonbeam
30-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm really pleased Guiness is doing well and is home. :D The vet said the same about Sammy, we have to keep an eye on his weight too.

kado
01-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Just got back from the vets and he has kept him on the antibiotics for a fortnight. He his just a bit grumpy at the moment but otherwise ok

jane

Mags
01-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Pleased to hear the visit went ok Jane....

The ABs should clear it now and Guinness will be fine again...

Fran
01-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I am so pleased he is home and making progress :D

yola
01-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Hopefully all will be fine with Guinness now . . . cystitis is nasty!! :shock:

As well as bottled water, consider a water fountain. They have a filter and will obviously not filter all calcium but if you have a high content it your water it will go some way towards reducing it.