PDA

View Full Version : Had to sell my girl

Amber
29-05-2007, 05:05 PM
At the moment I have to say I am really upset. I finally made the decision a few weeks back that realistically with my leg being how it is I am not going to be able to ride Zayanaah at least until next year if not later than that. It is also going to be really difficult for me to manage the mucking out etc and carrying heavy water buckets. Not only that, when I go back to work I will only be part time for a few months so there is no way I am going to be able to afford the stable rent etc.

I thought about it long and hard and I realised that it really wasn't fair on her, so I had to make the hard decision of selling her. I have had someone who has been part loaning her from me 3 times a week for about a year now, and she has often mentioned to me that if I ever did want to sell her, then she would be interested. Well at the time I swore I would never sell her but unfortunately I am left with no other choice. We did the deal today and she will be taking over from tomorrow. I am lucky that she is going to be keeping her at the same yard and she has said that I can come and visit any time I like. We also had put on the contract that should it not work out, I will buy her back for the same price so at least I know she will not be passed on every few months.

It is just heartbreaking to see her go, I have worked so hard on her and she's a little superstar but I know at the end of the day it was the right thing to do. I may be taking her back on part loan when I am able to muck out etc again but it just won't be the same :cry:

tilly
29-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear about you having to sell Zayanaah. But it sound like you have done the right thing and a least you know that she won't be sold on.
((HUGS))
Sally

Mags
29-05-2007, 05:37 PM
So sorry to hear that you have had to sell your lovely horse.....it must have been a very hard decision for you to make.

You have the consolation of knowing that she has gone to someone you know so you will be able to stay in touch with her. ((((hugs))))

Kim
29-05-2007, 06:42 PM
How tough for you, I am so sorry. At least you know who she is going to and that she will be well looked after.

Moli
29-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Sorrry to read this Amber, but you will still see her and you know she will be happy....You have done the right thing.....Hugs...xx

Amber
29-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys, I know it was the right thing to do, it's just so hard knowing that it won't be me making the decisions in her life now. If the lady wants to put Zay out on loan, there is nothing I can do about it. The only thing I have a say in is if she wants to sell her, in which case I will have her back. I know she will be well looked after though and I am happy that she is not moving yards with her.

Jac
29-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Amber, it was a tough decision you have been forced to make. You made it through the love you had for your girl. It would have been selfish and cruel to keep her, not being to give her the attention she needs and deserves.
My heart honestly goes out to you. No words we can say will take your pain away but we do understand. Dont beat yourself up. You did the right thing and the bonus is she's with someone she already knows, not moveing yards and when not so painfull you can visit her.
Jac xx

Mags
29-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Amber, the most important thing is that you get yourself back to full health. You couldn't have carried on as you were, sacrifices had to be made. Your beautiful horse will be well looked after and she will still be close to you ((((hugs))))

Fran
29-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry :( This must have been a very difficult thing for you to do :( {{{Hugs}}} At least you know the person who has her and where she is x

alexgirl73
30-05-2007, 02:01 PM
So sorry Amber, you have made the right decision but I'm sure it still hurts ((hugs)) and hope you feel better soon x

charliebubs
30-05-2007, 02:06 PM
What a shame, but at least you can visit her and you know that she will be loved.