PDA

View Full Version : Cats pads

tilly
29-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Does anyine else cat have scabs on there paws.

As Tilly get them on her dew claw pads and I am not sure whether they are ok or not. She sems to chew her feet quite alot. the pad on her foot seems to be a bit dry as well. The scabs come off after a while but they always seem to come back.

thanks for any help

Sally

Jac
29-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Possibly an allergy of some kind? Not sure.

Amber
29-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Hmm to be honest I can't realy help with this one. Amber's pads have always been really soft and smooth, as was my last cat.

As Jac said possibly an allergy? Or could she have walked in something that has irritated her feet? If you are worried I would give the vet a call just to make sure :D

Mags
29-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I've never come across anything like that with my cat's paws :?

Might be worth mentioning it to your vet on your next visit.....

tilly
29-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I have just rung the vet to get Tilly some dry d/d as the wet food is getting fly's eggs on it and mentioned Tilly's pads and buster tick bite lump and she says they are both fine but keep an eye on them.

Sally

Fran
29-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I have never come across anything like this before :? Hope someone else can help

yola
29-05-2007, 07:51 PM
My ex-stray Ferdy had very hard pads when he came to us, I mean really hard. They softened in time as he became an indoor (by choice) cat.

The only thing I can think is that maybe it's some kind of eczema or cat-dermatitis. It's probably nothing too serious apart from iritating poor Tilly.

Please let us know how she gets on and whether it settles or the vet prescribes some mild steroid or similar.

dandysmom
29-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I have no idea what could be causing that; have never had such a problem, thank heavens....do you have any Petromalt or one of the similar things to help pass fur balls? You could rub a bit on her pads; would do no harm if she licked it off, as she probably would .....