PDA

View Full Version : Guinness Poorly Again

kado
28-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Guinness is in the vets at the moment. We took him in earlier there keeping him in to cathiteriser him. He just start hissing and growling at us and chased all the others as well. I think is pee was darker than normal he has suffered from cystitas at he end of march and is on special diet they also weighed him he has gone up very slightly as well. I am missing him already he is just my big baby like simon is my little baby.

jane

Elaine
28-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Aww poor Guiness, wishing him a speedy recovery xxx

Tom
28-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Aww sorry to hear this:( Hope he recovers soon x

Mags
28-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Poor Guiness, I hope he will feel better soon Jane....

Animagus
28-05-2007, 02:39 PM
poor guiness hope he feels better soon
xxxx

Sweet
28-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Get Well Soon Guinness x

Erin
28-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Oh poor Guinnes,Get well soon xxx

Moli
28-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Hope he is feeling better soon.......

Tanya
28-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I hope Guinness has a speedy recovery. :)

yola
28-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Jane - you must be really worried :( Guinness is in the best place though; the vets will be able to monitor him carefully because if he has got cystitis/blockage he really needs round the clock care.

Hugs to him and to you.

Fran
28-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Jane, I have everything crossed for a speedy recovery for Guinness {{{Hugs}}} x

Kazz
28-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is home really really soon.

ambermoonbeam
28-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I hope Guiness gets well soon too. He's in the best place, try to keep your hopes high. I've been through similar with one of mine (Sammy) and he has recovered.

kado
29-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi thanks for all your kind thoughts. Guinness is still on a drip and cathiterised and will be staying into today phoning up this afternoon to see how he is. Simon having exactly the same condition i cant understand why Guinness has got the same since his bout of cystitas we have changed all there diets i keep thinking why us and its not fair. Kay is looking fir him as she sleeps cuddled up to him at night and even kado and simon are quiet too.

jane

ambermoonbeam
29-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi Jane,

Sammy started suffering from cystitus last november and it carried on until Feb this year. He was in so much pain, peeing blood or just not peeing, I was lucky to have a vet that was determined to cure him. He's an indoor cat and had become a little over weight, the vet said that contributed. He also was a pathetic drinker, I now have various drinking bowls, glasses and a water fountain to get him to drink, he likes to drink from the tap in the bath too, he has a nervous disposition so if he was stressed it flared up again. Every time we thought it had gone it came back with avengence. He had to have a cathatar too, I know how upseting it is to see them in so much distress. Because we were constantly medicating his food he stopped eatting and lost a kilo.. too much for a cat his size, the vet also check if he was diabetic because cystitus re-accurs when they are. In the end we gave him liquid antibotic and sedative for 10 days and started adding water to his food and give him the neutered Hills cat biscuits and touch wood he has been ok. The vet was helpful enough to say if it ever flared up again just to order the drugs and pick them up because taking him to the vet stresses him too much.

I really hope you get good news this afternoon, hope you find some use from my experience. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

kado
29-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I didnt know that re-accurence of cystitus can cause diabetias. I will ask the vet to check that out.

jane

ambermoonbeam
29-05-2007, 02:58 PM
It doesn't cause it but it can be a problem with a cat who is diabetic. Because of the extra insulin in the system creates yeast infections etc, it's apparently common in middle aged and upwards cats. It's definately something to look at.

Fran
29-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I have everything crossed here for Guinness x

Jac
29-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Everything crossed here as well. I hope you get him back soon. ((((()))) Hugs!!!!!

Mags
29-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Get well soon Guiness!.....

Mags
29-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Get well soon Guinness!.....x