PDA

View Full Version : The Joys Of Cats With Free Outdor Access.

Luke
28-05-2007, 02:10 AM
One of the many joys is when its a horrible and rainy day outside, and your curled up on the sofa with the fire on..and you dose off..and when you awake you have a small, furry,rear leg-less, mouse plonked on your chest..and a rather smug looking tortie moggy sitting on the back of the sofa, watching you proudly.
Needless to say...any nice cosy days in dosing, will be spent upstairs..in a bedroom with a CLOSED door so no furred ones bearing gifts can come in!
I was presented with a fair length of ribbon by Bella last week as well, next door had it tied around their washing-line prop for some obscure reason, needless to say with 'hells bells' around it wasn't there long:roll:
Cats eh, who'd have um?:roll:

CathyW
28-05-2007, 08:59 AM
my other half had a small sparrow peering at him from one of his boots yesterday :shock: reggie had brought it in and the bird had hidden in the said boot, so not only are the birds around here profoundly deaf (reggies got 2 bells on his collar) they also have no sense of smell. (my OHs walking boots :shock: )
oh the joys of being a cat owner LOL
oh the bird escaped out the bedroom window after it had been chased about by 2 cats 1 dog and OH :-D

mable1718
28-05-2007, 09:10 AM
when it was a rainy day ages ago mable brought in a bird and ran around the house with it

Tom
28-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Hehe, one Sylvester brought a rat in and placed it on my bare feet whilst I was sat at the computer desk :shock::shock::shock:

CathyW
28-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Hehe, one Sylvester brought a rat in and placed it on my bare feet whilst I was sat at the computer desk :shock::shock::shock:mice i can handle but RATS :shock:

Tom
28-05-2007, 12:49 PM
mice i can handle but RATS :shock:
Haha I know, when i told my mum she thought i was lying!!!

Animagus
28-05-2007, 02:59 PM
mines are kept in on rainy days so I have the joys of listening to them yowling all day long lol.... no muddy pawprints on my new couch though hehehe

Sweet
28-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Domino brought us 3 frogs the othe night, one by one and laid them by the back door x

andrew021
06-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I was sitting watching the TV the other night and Jet came in and left a dead mouse in the hall. Had to congratulate her, she was all proud of herself. When she was distracted by something else I quickly grabbed it, put it inot a bag and into the dustbin

CathyW
06-06-2007, 06:42 PM
ronnie placed a live mouse on his food plate the other day, and everytime it moved he put his paw on it to stop it, was funny to see (not for the mouse though)

dandysmom
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
That's one "joy" I mostly miss, with an indoor cat, but Leia has caught 2 mice in the house! And almost a bird that came down the chimney, but I managed to shoo it out a window in time (in the dead of Winter!!)