PDA

View Full Version : Those with lots of kitties...

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 08:06 PM
We are thinking about taking on another 2 male kittens(moggies-1 black and white, one black-can you see a pattern forming?:lol: ) and were wondering how this might effect the two we already have? my boys are 9 months old and due to be neutered soon but still act like crazy young things most of the time:lol: do you think they would accept new babies well? they are exceptionally good with all my small animals(as some of you saw on my picture thread lol) so im hoping they would be just as good, if not better with any newbies?

we would be keeping all four as indoor kitties, and again wondered if this would be a problem? we live in quite a specious 2 bed house at the mo and are even hoping to move to a 3 bed in the next couple of months. do you think this is enough space for them all?

the boys we might be taking belong to a lady on another forum i am part of-one is 2 weeks old and the other was only born yesterday so we have plenty of time to prepare and think about it but would love your input! i would adore more kitties but would never do anything to upset my babies.

Erin
27-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Ive just had 2 new babies and already had Jerry who is just 12 months old,we had about 1 day of him growling and hissing but he loves them now :)
He had more of a problem with me than he did the babies :roll: :lol:

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 08:12 PM
:lol: :lol: sounds like quite a cat!:lol: i know, im sure my two would be fine as they seem to love anything and anyone but i just worry so much and id hate to upset them. im sure they would soon be teaching any little uns all their bad ways and how they like to trick mommy and daddy though :roll: :lol:

Erin
27-05-2007, 08:34 PM
:lol: :lol: sounds like quite a cat!:lol: i know, im sure my two would be fine as they seem to love anything and anyone but i just worry so much and id hate to upset them. im sure they would soon be teaching any little uns all their bad ways and how they like to trick mommy and daddy though :roll: :lol:

They may be a little off for a couple of days but they will soon come round,Jerry loves me again now and he wouldnt be without Milo and Tinkerbell.They are right little trouble makers the three of them :lol:

random
27-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I see no reason why they wouldn't get along fine, what sex are the babies you are thinking of having?

At the moment we have 10 cats and 3 dogs! :shock: :shock: :shock: (5 of them are kittens we've just had, 6 weeks and 4 weeks), but bear in mind I have invaded my fathers house with my lot (long story) so it's only really a short term fix. I have 3 cat and 3 dogs, and he has 2 cats and a kitten now! ;) Our cats all stay indoors, only 2 are allowed outside but only one of them really spends a lot of time outdoors. We are in a 3 bed and the cats have run of the house so there is plenty of room for them.

All I can say is prepare yourself for the litter trays, they need doing twice as much, at the moment our are getting done every hour or 2 :shock: and cleaned out fully every morning. We are going through cat litter at such a speed at the moment! :lol:

tilly
27-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I would love to know as well as when I get my knew house I will be looking to add to my family!!

Sally

smudgley
27-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I think you should have 2 kittens a black one & a black & white one ......& as you are in B'ham, I think you should get them from me :-D .... I have just what you are looking for.... & they'll be vaccinated / microchipped / wormed / frontlined! :cool:

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I think you should have 2 kittens a black one & a black & white one ......& as you are in B'ham, I think you should get them from me :-D .... I have just what you are looking for.... & they'll be vaccinated / microchipped / wormed / frontlined! :cool:

ok, now i must know more! :shock: tell tell tell!!

random it sounds fun in your house! :lol: and i dont need to worry about the litter trays because my OH takes care of all all that mucky business-i see to the cuddles instead ;) :lol:

i dont know what litter your using but we got two 10lb bags of cats best 2 months ago(at £6 a bag) and we still have a bit left of it :shock: its fantastic stuff, so maybe worth looking into? im sure you can get a 40lb bag for about £20 online.

dandysmom
27-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I've had three at one time: after a bit of initial spitting and bushing it was peaceful; Misty mothered the male kitten; the other girl Patches mostly ignored him. They were indoors except for walks on harnesses,Your house sounds plenty big enough for four! Go for it!

random
27-05-2007, 09:08 PM
ok, now i must know more! :shock: tell tell tell!!

random it sounds fun in your house! :lol: and i dont need to worry about the litter trays because my OH takes care of all all that mucky business-i see to the cuddles instead ;) :lol:

i dont know what litter your using but we got two 10lb bags of cats best 2 months ago(at £6 a bag) and we still have a bit left of it :shock: its fantastic stuff, so maybe worth looking into? im sure you can get a 40lb bag for about £20 online.

That's what I use! ;) Lasts longer than any other litter i've tried, and I think i'd be hard pushed to find one I hadn't tried! :lol:

It's always fun here, always someone for a cuddle anyway! :mrgreen: It will seem so quiet when the kittens go. :(

Kazz
27-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Never tried to introduce a new cat to exsistinghoushol, my Archie was an only cat but sadly less than 1 year old when killed in a RTA.
Oscar and Cleo brother an sister and came as kittens.

Sure though as yours are only babies really themselves, best of luck.

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 09:11 PM
haha i guess great minds think alike then random! its great stuff, i tried all sorts too. id be the same about the kittens, i would never be able to give up any. id love to foster rescues one day but i know how heartbreaking it would be to see them go, even if i knew they were going to perfect homes.

Dandysmom thanks for the encouragement(as if i need it;) :lol: )

smudgley
27-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I have 3 litters of rescue cats. All black or black and white.
The oldest ones are nearly ready to go. Some are 9 weeks. Some are 7 weeks. Some are 3 weeks. I live in Wall Heath.

Moli
27-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I introduced 3 kittens in the last 2 years, the initial hissing and spitting did not last long, Leo my oldie, tolerates the young ones, but keeps to himself...

smudgley
27-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Can I ask why your cats are indoor cats?

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Can I ask why your cats are indoor cats?

because i dont live in the best of areas-i have had neighbour problems ever since i moved in so could never trust them being out and about. i would also worry constantly about them as you hear so many horror stories about kitties being in RTAs and being attacked by yobs, it just scares me. my boys are perfectly happy indoors though and because of my health problems both me and my fiance are at home all day long and keep the kittens and our other furbabies plenty entertained(or should it be they keep us plenty entertained?;) :lol: )

im in erdington, birmingham and im trying to figure out just where you are! lol

Kazz
27-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Erdington is just round the corner from me Smudgley would be about 45 minutes away by car.

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Erdington is just round the corner from me Smudgley would be about 45 minutes away by car.

so you are familiar with this slum then?:lol: i hate living here but finding it hard to find somewhere else. our landlord may have a bigger house for us soon but it will be 10 minutes up the road from where we are now so still in bloomin' erdington!:roll:

dandysmom
27-05-2007, 09:44 PM
If I lived in England, were near Smudgley and wanted kittens I'd take one (or two) of her fosters in a minute: playful, happy, healthy and very, very well socialized!

smudgley
27-05-2007, 09:47 PM
If I lived in England, were near Smudgley and wanted kittens I'd take one (or two) of her fosters in a minute: playful, happy, healthy and very, very well socialized!

Thankyou Eileen. :cool:

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 09:54 PM
did you get my private message smudgley?

Kazz
27-05-2007, 09:57 PM
so you are familiar with this slum then?:lol: i hate living here but finding it hard to find somewhere else. our landlord may have a bigger house for us soon but it will be 10 minutes up the road from where we are now so still in bloomin' erdington!:roll:

I have many friends who live in Erdington and they do not consider it a slum neither do I.

JBalways2000
27-05-2007, 09:58 PM
oh sorry, i didnt mean to offend anyone kazz. ive lived in erdington since the day i was born and i have just seen it go downhill alot in the last few years which is a shame. dont think my neighbours help matters much either:roll:

Erin
27-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I totally agree with DM my 2 babies are 2 of smudgley's and they are fab,they settled in so quickly :-)