PDA

View Full Version : Yola ....

Tanya
26-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Before I had all of my wisdom teeth removed I was always having the same problem as you. I really do sympathise.

As well as antibiotics, the dentist recommended swilling CORSODOL (sp?) mouth wash around my mouth - it really does help!

I also used Bonjela (for mouth ulcers) because it helped to numb the pain for a few minutes. I was practically eating the stuff at one point because it eases the pain!

Hope this helps

Take care

Tanya
xxx

Mags
26-05-2007, 12:07 PM
I, too, have used the Cordosyl mouthwash and found it very beneficial for discomforts in the mouth .......recommended by my dentist also...

dinahsmum
26-05-2007, 12:12 PM
And I agree - wisdom teeth are a total waste of space. They impact so easily, and form lovely food traps to add to the problem.
Hope you're feeling better now Yola

yola
26-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Just been through a nightmare scenario with the blasted NHS on-the-phone people. Nobody is able to help or willing to prescribe even the most basic of antibiotics (amoxycillin). Not even the pharmacist!

Thanks for the information, I will have a look for the mouthwash later when I go out again, just feeding the small noisy people at the moment.

yola
26-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Finally found this emergency dentist (40 minutes drive away :shock: ) but he was very good and helpful and gave me liquid antibiotic which acts as a mouthwash that you then swallow! So it works on the outside of the infection as well as being absorbed and carried through the bloodstream - both of which are good!

Still, it took the best part of the day to sort it :roll:

dandysmom
26-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm glad you found him, Yola. and hope the antibiotics start working soon! Toothaches are no fun !

Tanya
26-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Hope you start to feel better soon Yola :)

Erin
27-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Glad you managed to get somthing sorted Yola,really hope it feeling a litle better today :)

Fran
27-05-2007, 08:17 AM
How are you today Yola? I hope the antibiotics are starting to work...

Sweet
27-05-2007, 11:04 AM
((((((hugs)))))) toothache is awful so glad you have it sorted now x

Tom
27-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi Yola,
Glad you managed to find a dentist of some help :roll: !!

Hope the toothache dies down soon

Tomx

yola
27-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Well no sign of it subsiding yet . . . on v strong painkillers and the antibiotics and still feeling as bad as ever. Didn't go to my Mum's in the end, but went back to bed. A definite early night for me to try and let my tired and aching old bod recuperate a bit :roll: