PDA

View Full Version : Male V female

Jac
25-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Who do you think is more affectionate male or female's? Or do you think the breed of the cat come's into it.

random
25-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Out of my moggies Tucker is the most affectionate. Out of all the cats Kiara is the most affectionate.

A lot of people say boys are more affectionate than girls. I can't imagine what more affectionate than Kiara would be like?!?! Living with a cat shaped limpet! :mrgreen:

Elaine
25-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I think it just depends on each individual cats personality.
Winston was exceptionally affectionate. Bernie is a cuddle monster and Eva has her moments of extreme affection too.
She is the only female cat I have ever had, all others have been male so maybe I am not the best one to answer;) :D

Moli
25-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Having always had boys can'rt really say, but my boys have always been very affectionate...

Jac
25-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks everyone. Was just wondering. When I had C-Fur and Purrdie he was the cuddle bug.

Kazz
25-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I am not sure it matters individual character will out, and how they are treated, I think loves breeds love especially when you have a cat from a kitten. Are you considering another cat then Jac?

dandysmom
25-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I think it depends more in the cat's disposition rather than sex or breed. Over the years I've had four males and three females, four were moggies and three pedigreed. Two of the males were especially affectionate: Scamper,a ginger moggy, and Dandy, a Pura (but they do say that's a breed characteristic). Misty and Patches were lap cats; the others were affectionate sometimes if they felt like it, and aloof when they didn't.
Leis (sob!) is not a lap cat at all, although she does sleep with me.

yola
25-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I've had 3 x boys and 1 x girl. 2 out of the 3 boys were total lap cats, the other boy is very affectionate but only with me. The girl cat is affectionate but only when she feels like it :shock: otherwise she's totally aloof. So on the whole I would say boys are the more cuddly. But that's just purely on personal experience.

Tanya
25-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I also think it depends on the individual cats character!

Oli can be the most adorable, cuddly little thing and then the next minute he wants to eat your hand off.

My nans cats, Jack(male), Molly (female) & Fudge (female) are the softest creatures on this earth. I have never met a cat quite so dopey and cuddly as Jack though! ;) Then there is Cleo (female) who only wants fuss on her terms. If you try to fuss her she will run away. Yet, if she wants fuss she will come to you. She isn't nasty though! :)

smudgley
25-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I've only ever hads females myself (girls rule in our house) no boys allowed of ANY species.... (except John :-D )

I think it's down to the cats individual personality....BUT of all the rescue cats we've had, the boys are always very loving & seem genuine with it... lots of the girls can be moody & have a "on my terms" attitude. :roll:

dandysmom
25-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh very well put, Smudgley: "On my terms" !!!