PDA

View Full Version : Kiara has gone missing.

random
24-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Kiara was let out at about 10:30 am this morning and hasn't been back since. :( A relative paid a visit this morning and just walked into the house without knocking or anything, and let Kiara out the FRONT DOOR. He said he didn't realise she wasn't to go out on her own, and she looked like she was waiting by the door to go outside. :evil:

The girls only go outside into the back garden. Kiara has never been out around the front before, only on a harness and lead. Tucker and Tabs are the only ones who are allowed out on their own. I'm beside myself with worry, she has missed her dinner and her supper and that is just not like her at all. I have been thinking allsorts all day, i've been out looking for her and I can't find her anywhere. I'm so worried as I doubt she'd have much road sense at all as she's not used to being out near roads. With loosing Nipper in the road in February it makes it all the more sensitive and is just bringing everything back, i'm so worried.

Moli
24-05-2007, 10:55 PM
She has been out Random, even on her harness she will know her area, I would try not to worry, she will come home when she is hungry, hope its soon...."HUGS"....

Mags
24-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Try not to worry Random, they get distracted in this warm weather and is probably enjoying herself with all the insects and other moving things.....
If she has been out the front on the harness she will be aware of her surroundings...
Can she get round to the back of your house, have you a side entrance?

Fran
24-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Has she been speyed Random? If not and if she is ready to call, you might not see her for hours...If she goes out on a harness she should know her area. Try not to worry too much at this point.

Donna
24-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I know you will be worried but just wanted to say that Misty went missing for two days and then woke me up in the middle of the night jumping on me in bed..... they do make us worried... but they do come home...

random
24-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Mags we do have a side gate so she can get to the back from the front.I'm more worried for her I think because she is a Siamese and someone might try and catch her and steal her. :( She is very timid around those she doesn't know, but i've been thinking allsorts.

Fran she isn't spayed, the girls are all getting done together when the babies are all in their new homes (so they don't bother one another during recovery - vets advice). She's just came out of call about 2 weeks ago.

I'd be so glad of that Donna, I just want her back or even if I just saw her to know she's safe.

Donna
24-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I'd be so glad of that Donna, I just want her back or even if I just saw her to know she's safe.

I know....

I never thought Misty would have the brains to work out how to get back.... she really is lacking in that department.

Its hard, but be positive... and give her a telling off from me when she comes back x

Moli
24-05-2007, 11:43 PM
She is probably chasing things Random, and can see you shouting on her, but does not want to come in yet...

Mags
24-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Is she chipped Random?

Sweet
24-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Try not to worry......I have just managed to get all of mine in tonight, but most nights now, esp. this nice weather most of them have ignored my calling and stayed out.

((((((hugs)))))) x

dinahsmum
25-05-2007, 07:38 AM
I do hope all is well this morning.
If she's still missing you could do the 'litter thing'. Just put her tray outside or put some of the content around your boundary. Theory is that their good sense of smell allows them to recognise their own smell and find their way home.

CathyW
25-05-2007, 08:14 AM
any news???

Erin
25-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Hope shes back today Random

Elaine
25-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I do hope she has returned safe and well xxx

random
25-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Still no sign of her today. She's never been out all night before.

She is chipped Mags.

I have put some signs up at the local shops. Will take one to the vets today to put on their notice board. I hope someone hasn't stolen my baby. :(

Jac
25-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh Kel I'm so sorry. Just found this thread. Big hugs ((((()))) I hope she returns soon, safe and well. xx

TIGS
25-05-2007, 11:05 AM
i hope she returns soon safe & well.
everything crossed here for you.

Mags
25-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Still no sign of her today. She's never been out all night before.

She is chipped Mags.

I have put some signs up at the local shops. Will take one to the vets today to put on their notice board. I hope someone hasn't stolen my baby. :(

I'm sorry to hear there has been no sign of Kiara yet, Random .......... here is a link to Smudgley's helpful post about what you can do if your pet is lost.........

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

Animagus
25-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Hope Kiara shows up soon Random .... keeping my fingers crossed here xx

Fran
25-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Everything crossed here too x

random
25-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanx everyone.

Thanx Mags i'm going to have a read now.

Elaine
25-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Might also be worth contacting other lost kitty registers too such as Sue at mymoggy. You never know and it wont do any harm. I'll find some links for you if you like.

Elaine
25-05-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.mymoggy.com/

random
25-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanx Elaine, i'll do that.

Elaine
25-05-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.ukpetsearch.freeuk.com/
http://www.nationalpetregister.org/

charliebubs
25-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I know it's awful, but you might want to consider calling your local council as they will collect any cats that have been in car accidents and left in the road.

I know that sounds awful - but at least it would eliminate it as a possibility if you give them a ring.

Best of luck and hope she comes home soon. :)

(PS - my Kuta was missing for 3 nights once and came home safe and sound - don't give up)

tilly
25-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Best of luck findign her and I hope she is back safe with you very soon.
Sally

dinahsmum
25-05-2007, 03:28 PM
(PS - my Kuta was missing for 3 nights once and came home safe and sound - don't give up)
Yes - my Min went off for 3 nights too. She was used to being outside but really only went as far as the garden boundary. I think she was chased by a dog or frightened by a m-bike or something. We leafletted the area (no pic - pre-digi-cam) and a couple of the neighbours lads found her ...... up a tree:roll:
Still wishing for (and anticipating) good news. x

sammy
25-05-2007, 03:39 PM
So sorry to read this, I really hope she turns up safe and sound soon. My Des went missing for 2 weeks and I could barely think of anything else the whole time, so I have an idea what you're going through.

Fingers crossed.xxx

Jac
25-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Kel, Any news?

random
25-05-2007, 06:02 PM
None. :(

I've got to keep ringing the rescues and the vets will let me know if they hear anything. Will let you know if there's any progress.

I miss her so much already, I just fed everyone and I filled her bowl up too not thinking she wasn't going to be here for dinner. I'm driving myself mad thinking what could have happened to her.

Jac
25-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Have you thought to put some food outside and a used litter tray?

Sweet
25-05-2007, 06:11 PM
.....just catching back up.....

I am sorry there has been no news as yet, I have everything crossed here x

random
25-05-2007, 06:14 PM
There's allsorts outside for her Jac at the bottom of the garden path, I put them out before I went to bed last night. Food, toys, used litter in a litter tray, a bed and a used blanket. Have to keep topping the food up though as the dogs keep eating it.

I really think someone has taken her, or something really bad has happened to her which I don't even want to consider at the moment.

Charliebubs my father is going to ring the council or relevant department for me, I couldn't do it, not after Nipper. I feel sick just thinking she could have been killed, I am trying to put that possibility to the back of my mind and hang onto the hope that someone has taken her in and haven't got round to ringing the vets/rspca or whatever yet. I think if she were out and about, she'd be home by now, or someone would have seen her. I can't imagine her going far as she's never out on her own, I can't imagine she'd be one to roam. She likes her home comforts, if any of the others I could understand as they like it outdoors, Kiara ha never really been bothered to go out much.

random
25-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Tucker is breaking his hear pining for her. out of all the cats they were best friends since we lost Nipper. They'd always be found snuggled up together. Kiara would pester him like mad for a cuddle. He is such a sensitive soul. He's not a quiet cat, but neither an overly vocal cat usually. Today however, he's been sitting at the top of the staircase howling all day. I can't seem to comfort him at all.

Sweet
25-05-2007, 07:17 PM
:( I am sure all will be OK, but I understand how you must be feeling, you need a big ((((((hugs)))))) too x