PDA

View Full Version : Whiskas ....

Tanya
23-05-2007, 09:41 PM
After trying many different cat meats, Oli has decided he enjoys Whiskas.

For weeks now we have been giving him Whiskas traditional (peas and carrotts with the meat and gravy). The other day in ASDA, Whiskas casserole selection (meat and gravy) was on offer, so we bought that for him and he also loves it! :D

Anyway, the point to this thread ...

I looked at the nutritional value to see if there was a difference between the two types. I was amazed to see that there was no difference what so ever. Surely, the Whiskas traditional, with vegetables (minmimum 4%) should have extra vitamins or something??

After looking at the labels it made me really think whether the meat even had the goodness that was stated on the nutritional label, OR do they just stick the same label on all their meats regardless of the nutritional content??

I cant moan about the meat because it is actually something that Oli likes. I just thought there would be some difference in nutritional value between the two Whiskas varieties.

Any thoughts?

Tanya

alexgirl73
23-05-2007, 09:57 PM
TBH! I don't set much store by all of that stuff. Millions of ctas are fed on the stuff and are perfectly healthy. And the brands that boast about extra this, that and t'other are trying to guilt trip us into spending more money! Broxi is a fussy bleeder with his food and hasn't been eating much of the many different brands and flavours I have been trying with him. I went down to good old katkins yesterday and he loves it!!! So my philosophy is , feed your cat what it will eat and dont worry too much about all the gobbldeegook!

Mags
23-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Cassie has only ever eaten Whiskas and she is healthy enough and has a nice glossy coat. I'm sure if it wasn't nutritional she would look a lot worse than that! ;)

Tanya
23-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Alex and Mags, I think that is well said!! It has taken me ages to find a food that Oli will eat. He is happy with it and I am happy that he is happy!

I didnt look at the nutritional value to see if it was better or worse than other brands, but just wanted to see what differences there were between the two - and there were none!!

Animagus
24-05-2007, 11:47 AM
My 2 are fussy bleeders as well I have to vary what they eat cause just when you think you have found summat they like they wont eat it anymore lol

Jane
24-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Patch is very fussy and will only eat Whiskas and Felix. I have been told my some people we should feed better quality stuff, but it's better for them to eat something they love than to not eat anything at all!

Tanya
24-05-2007, 09:26 PM
:) :) :) :)

Tanya
24-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Very true Jane! Thats why I am happy with Oli eating Whiskas - because he is happy too!!

Jane
24-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Very true Jane! Thats why I am happy with Oli eating Whiskas - because he is happy too!!

Exactly, if kitty is happy and wont eat anything else, it's better than the kitty starving. ;)

Elaine
25-05-2007, 01:58 PM
http://cats.about.com/cs/catfood/a/tipsforchoosing.htm

Found this interesting an helpful.

Mags
25-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks Elaine, that's an interesting link...

Kazz
25-05-2007, 09:01 PM
My wo have always eaten whiskas never done them any harm and now Cleo adores the Whiskas soo fishy and soo meaty.

Karen

Tanya
25-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks Elaine ... it was an interesting read! :)

Kazz: Oli went through a stage of Whiskas oh soo meaty - her really loved it. Now we are on the casserole selection! ;)