PDA

View Full Version : Little grey tabby cat

Shanik
23-05-2007, 06:10 PM
For the little grey tabby cat who was run over this afternoon in front of my husband and who was left fatally injured in the middle of the road, who my husband picked up and cradled as you died, rest in peace little cat, you are not in pain any more, we haven't found your owners yet but we will do our best to. Sorry your life ended this way. Sleep well x.

(And to the person who knew they had hit this little cat in future remember that you are leaving an animal in excruciating pain and that it is probably someones pet, to show some consideration and kindness costs you nothing)

Tom
23-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Awwww dear bless :(

It was so lovely of your husband to pick him up.

RIP kitty xxxx

Erin
23-05-2007, 06:14 PM
:cry: oh how sad,RIP little one xx

Fran
23-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh, how very very sad :( How lucky that little cat was to have your husband to cradle him whilst he passed over to the Rainbow Bridge. I do hope you manage to find his owners..

RIP little one x

Sweet
23-05-2007, 06:17 PM
:( RIP Little One x

Mags
23-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh how sad :( It is so good to know there are people around like your husband who was kind enough to cradle the poor cat in his last minutes...
I hope you are able to find his poor owners....

RIP little one....x :(

EmmaG
23-05-2007, 06:28 PM
RIP little one :(

You have a wonderful husband to take the time to care for the poor little thing in it's last moments of life.

kado
23-05-2007, 06:46 PM
RIP little one and thankyou to your hushband for beign there for the little one.

Jane

smudgley
23-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Your husband is a very kind person & a person like your husband did the same when he saw my cat get run over & he wrapped her in a blanket & called me (from the number on her collar) something I will always be extremely grateful for.

RIP little cat.

Moli
23-05-2007, 07:10 PM
So sad........he at least knew some comfort before he died....
RIP..little one.

dinahsmum
23-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Hugs to your kind husband.
(If you don't find the owner swiftly, most local papers will take 'Found' ads free. So you say something like "Found, 23 May, grey tabby cat [location], sadly fatally injured. Passed peacefully and not alone" Put your phone no if you wish.)

alexgirl73
23-05-2007, 08:30 PM
RIP poor baby!!! Huge well done to your hubby for what he did. Mine also had to do this not so long ago, and he was left very upset by it!

dandysmom
23-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh well done to your hubby for holding that little one in its last moments...how very sad...:( Good suggestion of DM's; someone must be worried sick about their missing cat. RIP, little one, run free....

Shanik
23-05-2007, 10:07 PM
I just want to say thank you to you all so far for your lovely kind words, I have read them to my hubby and he cried again in sadness but also at your kindness because he feels guilty because he felt so helpless.

We have put an ad in the paper here which is widespread locally and hope that someone will notice, I am phoning vets local to that area tomorrow and hubby says there was a hotel/pub a few miles from where the cat died so would be a good idea to drop a notice there if they minded? Where little cat died is around 40-50 miles away rural which is why hubby struggled to find an owner but we will do everything we can possible. I know how I would feel if my pet disappeared.

Thank you all so much again, you have made a grown man know that what he did was the last kindness.

Animagus
24-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Tell your Husband he is a Hero.....

Something similar happened to me I stopped the whole morning traffic to try and save the poor mite but it was too late. I never found its owner though all I could do was pick the wee one up and lay it to rest on the wall next to the road..... the woman who hit it never stopped.

RIP little one

Jac
24-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Your husband is one in a million!!! What a nice guy to stop and offer comfort to a dyeing animal.

I hope you can find the poor cats owners and let them know.

kado
24-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes i agree with Jac your husband is one in a million a true kind person

jane

yola
24-05-2007, 01:37 PM
What a kind act. Your husband is a very good man.

I think most people don't stop as they are scared by what they might see or feel they might be too upset by what they did. No excuse really as you owe it to the animal and to their distraught owner.

janey83
25-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh thats so sad, glad your husband stopped at stayed with it in its last horrific moments. R.I.P. Your owners will miss ya.xxx

Kim
25-05-2007, 11:07 PM
How very sad but how wonderful of your husband for 'being there' for the last moments of this little cats life. Hope you can find the owners, it is awful not knowing...