PDA

View Full Version : Whistle blower Sinsburys

Jac
22-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Anyone else watching this? It's shocking all the unhealthy food they sell:roll:

Jac
22-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Sainsbury's and Tesco should be shut down for there practises. It's a wonder were not all dead with salmonella.

Animagus
23-05-2007, 10:41 AM
?????????? whjat did I miss whats it about??

Claire m
23-05-2007, 10:53 AM
The terrible thing about tesco's I acutally shop there in woodford green although i have never bouagh any thing from the meat counter, the manager kelly who also drinks in my local pub where she was filmed is not the sort of person you want to mess with, she is foul mouthed and would not think twice befor knocking you out, surfice to say she is definatly not a pal of mine.

She was not even sacked and still works in the store.

Jac
23-05-2007, 11:00 AM
It was showing two store's last night. The BBC put in two undercover workers with hidden cameras. It showed them putting out of date steak through the mincer and selling it the next day, rats in the store places. Then there was fish that was off so they froze it, or prawns that were frozen, defrosted then frozen again. Useing a knife for fish then fresh liver then chicken. God the list is endless:roll: . The falsify storage documents ie how hot or cold the tempreture's at.
Really horrendes.
Claire M mentioned one of the shops they were secretly filming.

charliebubs
23-05-2007, 04:54 PM
She was not even sacked and still works in the store.

That's shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

She did look like a hard nut!!

It was awful and has put me off eating anything from the supermarkets. Fortunately I never buy from the deli/meat/fish counters anyway - but I was always under the impression that the food sold there was fresher than the pre-packed food. :roll:

Sweet
23-05-2007, 05:03 PM
....I saw it and was totally lost for words, disgusting x

Jac
23-05-2007, 05:10 PM
I mostly get my meat from the butcher shop. Sometimes buy a cooked chicken there but not now! I was under the impression that the butchers counter was fresher, just goes to show. Thankfully I have very seldom used it but wont be in the future.

She did look like a right hard nut!

Emm
23-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I worked for one of the big supermarkets and when I was in the bakery it was totally disgusting what I saw - out of date food being sold and repackaged so people didn't know it was out of date - cleanliness issues!!! - pies and pastries being defrosted left in really hot conditions and then being frozen again :shock: - put me off supermarkets for a bit.

I shop mainly now from a place called Damhead - any-one in the Edinburgh, Glasgow, Falkirk area I highly recommend them - I even get my food delivered to my door and their delivery is way cheaper than Tescos! and its all organic - www.damhead.co.uk (http://www.damhead.co.uk)