PDA

View Full Version : Cat flap (microchip ones)

smudgley
22-05-2007, 10:12 AM
http://www.petporte.com/

looks good.

Read the FAQ section it explains everything.

Mags
22-05-2007, 11:31 AM
That looks an excellent cat flap Smudgley, a bit pricey but it guarantees no other cat will be able to use it.
Very good for Fran I would think, where she could programme all her cats that go outdoors....

I checked Cassie's chip number and she is compatible...:D

Fran
22-05-2007, 11:46 AM
This flap looks very good but not really suitable for me as I don't have a problem with stray cats coming in. I thought it might work so that the Meezers would not be allowed out of it whilst allowing the mogs out but it doesn't work in this way. It allows any cat out but only the recognised microchipped cats back in. I can see for some people especially those with the problems of strays coming into their house that this could be a really useful device for them. Interesting link Smudgley, thanks for posting

Erin
22-05-2007, 11:50 AM
That looks great,wish it was posted yesterday,we have been and got one that needs the tags :roll: never mind.

smudgley
22-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't think it's that expensive really, when you look at the prices of microchip scanners :shock:

I wouldn't want one as I'm quite happy with my cats using the window as a cheap alternative to a cat flap. :lol:

tilly
22-05-2007, 04:37 PM
It looks great. It will be very useful when I get my house as my two don't wear collars but are microchipped so that it will only let them in not strays. Also I might get one for Tilly too use on some kind of crate so that Buster can't eat her special food. As he will pig it if it is left down unless he is shut away in my bedroom, which make me feel very guilty.

Sally

ps they might have to be birthday presents though:shock:

Donna
23-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Looks interesting.... but I am skeptical as a lot of flaps claim to be good for intruders, but they still get in my house!!!

Four seconds is a long time for a second cat to jump in through the flap when your cat has just gone in, especially if they are chasing each other....

Saved in favs though in case its needed!