PDA

View Full Version : stray kitty?

JBalways2000
18-05-2007, 07:31 PM
i havent posted on here for a while so hope everyone is well?

my fiance just got off the phone with his mom who told him that she was outside at her workplace today when she heard meowing coming from a shed. when she looked she saw an older mommy kitty with 2 babies:( she said the mommy tried to run off with the babies when she saw her but she went away to get her some food and when she came back to feed her the kitty was back in the shed.

his mom rang the rspca and they were supposed to come out but didnt turn up(shock:roll: ) so i was just wondering if theres anything else that could be done? his mom said theres always someone there so they will keep feeding her but im worried about those babies growing up and becoming strays and helping to add to the population:(

is there anything we can do?

Amber
18-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Are there any cat rescue places near you that you could try? Alo maybe try calling the RSPCA again, I know they are not much help a lot of the time but it may be worthwhile.

In the meantime I guess just make sure that they are warm and sheltered, with fresh water and are being fed.

JBalways2000
18-05-2007, 07:48 PM
im not sure if there are any local rescues, does anyone know how i could find that out?

im not sure if his mom is working tomorrow but il get him to find out and tell her to ring the rspca again if they still havent came. it infuriates me that people still let un neutered cats wonder the streets-dont the realise what happens?:evil: poor things. atleast they have been found now and will be fed until the rspca or someone does something about it! i doubt the mother will be chipped though so they will probably end up in rescue. sad as that is, it will be better then roaming the streets.

Amber
18-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Not sure where in Birmingham you are but I googled recues in birmingham and got this link for you.

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/mids.html

There may be a few in the yellow pages or something?

It's a shame you are not closer I know a fantastic cat rescue charity called Caring For Cats who we work with at the vets. Really hope you get something sorted for these little ones and mummy soon. At least they will be fed and kept warm in the meantime.

Lots of luck in finding somewhere!

dandysmom
18-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Does the CPL have any branches in your area? Smudgley would know.... or check the yellow pages. At least mum and kittens are being fed now...

yola
18-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Forget the RSPCA - not only useless but will destroy animals they cannot rehome. Either keep caring for and feeding in situ and then club together from her workplace to pay for neutering, or call Cats Protection or an independent charity for help. Good luck.

JBalways2000
18-05-2007, 10:06 PM
thankyou for the replies. we are not sure if his mom is working tomorrow but my fiance will be ringing her in the morning to give her the cats protection number. i hate the rspca too(once rang them about a hedgehog stuck down a hole by a train station but they did nothing about it. luckily one of the workers at the station did)

after just reading the thread about the rspca putting someones beloved kitty down i will definately be telling her not to ring them again.

Animagus
19-05-2007, 08:53 AM
thankyou for the replies. we are not sure if his mom is working tomorrow but my fiance will be ringing her in the morning to give her the cats protection number. i hate the rspca too(once rang them about a hedgehog stuck down a hole by a train station but they did nothing about it. luckily one of the workers at the station did)

after just reading the thread about the rspca putting someones beloved kitty down i will definately be telling her not to ring them again.

I am so glad you read that thread was panicking a bit there....thinking of those poor Kitties taken in then destroyed by the Cruel RSPCA is unbearable.... hope things turn out ok for the wee family xxx

Mags
19-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I hope someone will be able to help this mum and her babies.....

JBalways2000
21-05-2007, 10:30 PM
just a little update. my OHs mom rang the cats protection today(no sign of the rspca shock horror :roll: for once thats for the best though!) and she was told that someone will come out tomorrow and take a look at mommy and babies and see whats what. im really hoping they take them away and look after the properly before the kittens get old enough to wonder off and get themselves into trouble.

his mom said they all run behind an old chair when anyone goes to feed them and when they leave and peek in the babies are usually fighting so dont know how old that would make them :? they sound adorable though-wish i was in a position to take them but not knowing their background and already having my boys i wouldnt want to risk it. it would be too risky wouldnt it?:oops:

i shall update again tomorrow and let you all know what the CP have done about this. his mom did find out today aswell though that this is not an uncommon sight in the area-apparently it happens every year:(

yola
21-05-2007, 10:35 PM
It IS a busy kitten time for CP so they may well be stacked out! Do you have a spare room where you might be able to house the kittens as a last resort? Sounds like they are big enough to be taken in . . . can you grab Mum aswell? It may only be until a CP pen become free but might make all the difference to the stray family.

Hope it all works out well in the end!

sarahd
21-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Good luck with mom and kitties and i hope the CPL manage to sort something out for the little family

Sarah
x

JBalways2000
22-05-2007, 12:40 AM
hmm well we dont really have a spare room as downstairs is open plan. upstairs is our bedroom and the animal room(where my bunnies and rats live) so wouldnt really be suitable. i shall see what the CPL decide to do about it and take it from there. i hate to think of them out in the cold with no one to love them :(

JBalways2000
23-05-2007, 01:19 AM
:D great news!! the CPL came out today and took the kitties away-Mommy, 2 babies and.....Daddy:shock: his mom didnt know it but the Daddy had been helping take care of the babies too :shock: :lol: of course this means that mommy may well be preggers again but now they are in safe hands she will hopefully be spayed if the babies are old enough for her to be.

His mom said she is going to ring for an update on them so as soon as i know more i will let you all know. i did mention to my OH about maybe getting her to pass our details on for when this gorgeous family are ready for new homes ;) me? naughty? never!!;) :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
23-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Oh, that is really great news! A happy ending for this little family!

Mags
23-05-2007, 09:40 AM
That's really good news, especially catching the whole family........

Animagus
23-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Thats really good news am glad they managed to take them all in

Sweet
23-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I am just catching this thread.....

I am so glad to be reading that CP came and helped out.......Daddy too! Will look forward to updates x