PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the hip

Kazz
17-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Okay can anyone suggest what I could have I know its nothing serious, I am wondering if its worth a Doctors appointment or not given last year all I was as at Hospitals/Doctors etc.
I have a pain deep in my hip joint going round to my groin not the other way. The pain is not constant but is becoming more regular enough that it is discomforting. The pain/ache gets so bad that I try to move/position my hip/leg sometimes that works sometimes not. The paingoes down my leg almost to my knee but seems to be the front only and seems to be in my bone...does that seem silly.
Sometimes nothing brings it on but I can be woke up with it. Suggestions please?

Karen

Kazz
17-05-2007, 08:42 PM
It can make me try to rotate my hip by moving my leg around to ease the discomfort/ache sometimes that works sometimes not.

dandysmom
17-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Don't have any idea what it could be, Karen; it doesn't sound like arthritis. If you were a cat, I'd say "Off to the vet"!

Moli
17-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Not siatica is it Kazz, I have it and the pain goes right down my leg....

Fran
17-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Do you think it could be a trapped nerve Kazz? A doctor's visit might be worthwhile...

Jac
17-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I was going to say a trapped nerve. Very sore. If I were you I'd go to the Doc. Wont do any harm. At the least you'll get something for the pain.

Elaine
17-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I'd say a doctors visit is in order. My old mum was bothered with a similar pain for ages but didnt really do anything about it. To cut a very long story short, my mother described the pain quite similar to you. She now has severe lack of muscle tone in that area which causes her no end of problems now. The doctor said that it had all stemmed from a muscular injury that she hadnt allowed to heal properly by resting.
Its maybe not the same thing as my mother at all but all the same I'd get it checked out.
xxx

Mags
17-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Kazz that sounds exactly the same as I have had for the last couple of weeks. It was right at the top of the leg where it joins the hip. I found it painful to put weight on that leg also it was unbearable in bed at night. Any movement I made to turn left me in agony. I don't know how it happened, can't think of any way I twisted it. For several days I rubbed Deep Heat into it but even that didn't seem to help. I did find that if I put pressed the bone at the very top on the outside of my leg, it was quite painful. Anyway it took about two weeks for it to get better, resting it as much as could.

Is that similar to what you have?

Kazz
17-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Not quite Mags, This has been going on for a few months maybe more but getting worse.

Moli not sure what Siatica is ...heard of it but not sure will google.

Fran never thought of a trapped nerve.

Think I will get a Dr's appoinment for tomorrow just to check it out as it has been quite bad so much so I find myself taking the weight off that leg.
Ta ladies no worries.Karen

Kazz
17-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Right I know this sounds silly but it seems like Sciatica. Ta Moli I will see the Doc tomorrow.

yola
17-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Good plan Karen. It's can't hurt (pardon pun) to see the doc for peace of mind if nothing else. Sciatica tends to originate in the lower back, and shoot pains down the back of the leg (it did for me anyways), hopefully it's nothing but a bit of muscle strain.

Take care girl!

Moli
17-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Right I know this sounds silly but it seems like Sciatica. Ta Moli I will see the Doc tomorrow.
I have a damaged disc at the base of my spine, resulting in sciatica, and sometimes my leg gets really painful, but I find walking helps.

dandysmom
17-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I checked with a friend whose mom had sciatica, and he said it sounds like it to him, from your description. Does it ease up a bit if you get up and walk around?

Kazz
18-05-2007, 12:07 AM
I have a damaged disc at the base of my spine, resulting in sciatica, and sometimes my leg gets really painful, but I find walking helps.
Yes it does help. Rotating my leg, taking the weight off it moving about it. Ta Moli I will let you know what the Doctor thinks just got to get an appoinment now :roll:

I checked with a friend whose mom had sciatica, and he said it sounds like it to him, from your description. Does it ease up a bit if you get up and walk around?
Yes it does Eileen and thank you so much for going to that much trouble. That was really kind of you I am truely touched, and really :oops: now it really isn't so bad. Thank you very much, and thank your friend for me too I appreciate it.

Oddly enough at first I thought I was imagining it when it went away when I moved around.:roll:

Thank you all very much Karen

dandysmom
18-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Karen, no trouble at all; I knew he'd know something about it, and I frequently talk to him; no big deal. Something about sitting seems to make the pain worsen, probably due to pressure on the nerve which lessens when you stand and move. It was some time back when his mom had it; in those days there wasn't much to be done for it except take Motrin and grin and bear it! I hope if that's what you've got there's something more to take to alleviate the pain! Let us know what the doctor says!

Sweet
18-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I am just catching up Karen, I have no idea what Scatica is also, so off to google it too, if I can spell it correctly !

The others seem to have helped loads, and I agree, go to the Dr. for peace of mind and maybe some treatment ((((((hugs)))))) x

dinahsmum
18-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Hope you get an answer to this one Karen (and I quite understand you wanting to avoid doctors for a while .....)
It might be worth thinking about whether you have flat feet. Sounds wierd but it's amazing how much something out of line in your feet can hurt your knees/hips/spine. Pop some orthotics in your shoes and bingo!

Jac
18-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Did you manage to get to the Doc's Kazz?

I hope you managed to get some painkillers or something.

dandysmom
18-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Yes, did you make a doctor appointment?