PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Tomorrow

Amber
16-05-2007, 08:58 PM
First background or you will all wonder what the heck I am going on about :lol:

On 27th Feb I was involved in a car crash. It was a head on collision at 50mph where I was driving. I was actually really lucky that I only suffered minor injuries being cuts and bruises and a fractured patella. I had to have an operation to wire my knee cap back together and I was in cast for a few weeks following. The car was totally written off but I have a nice new shiny one now so it's not all bad :-D

Well I am off to the hospital tomorrow morning for my 3rd check up since the op. I had my cast removed on the 5th April and was told that I would have my physio appointments through 'soon'. Until such a time I am just to bend my knee (which has not bent for around 5 weeks) and lift my leg from the thigh (which has lost all muscle so I can do naff all with it :roll:) well I am STILL waiting for the physio appointments to come through. I have been paying to have private physiotherapy as it was getting totally ridiculous which I can't actually afford but there we go. So I am preparing myself to have a big moan about that :-D I am considering another operation to remove the wires from my knee as I can feel them underneath my skin...yuck!!! If I decide to do this they will also manipulate my knee at the same time. I don't really want another operation but I am starting to think I may not have much of a choice.

On the plus side I started hydrotherapy last tuesday and it has been brilliant! I have had 3 sessions so far and I have another tomorrow evening. Then I am back to my physiotherapist for a review on Friday. Busy little bee I am!

Wish me luck for tomorrow, or rather the doctor :-D he may need it with me on the warpath!

Moli
16-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear this Amber, good luck tomorrow, let us know how you go..

Mags
16-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Ooh...that was nasty Amber, it could have been a lot worse:(

Good luck tomorrow, I hope everything is going to plan with your knee...... and I hope you can get them to pull their finger out about your physio ;)

Please let us know how it goes....:)

Jac
16-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Amber. If the hospital's are anything like here expect your physio in 6 months:shock:

Amber
16-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the support guys :D will let you know how I get on. Think I will pop into work for a nice cuppa and a good natter on the way back just to annoy everyone :-D all the clients laugh at me when I go in since my accident cause I can't keep away!

alexgirl73
16-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Best of luck Amber, go in with both barrels blazing lol!

Erin
16-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear this Amber,good luck for tomorrow :)

Liz
16-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Up here in the wilds of Aberdeenshire we can do self referral to the the Physio and I went with my shoulder and although not as nice as my last physio it was quick but not painless and she helped my bad ankle to.

Perhaps you need to move up to Scotland - Elaine and I will be the welcome party.

GOod luck and hopefully you will get your physio and not have to hit Dr with walking cane!!!

Amber
16-05-2007, 09:50 PM
GOod luck and hopefully you will get your physio and not have to hit Dr with walking cane!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
16-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Best of luck tomorrow; sending good vibes! :D

smudgley
16-05-2007, 10:04 PM
good luck with the hospital.

Physio :evil: ...My daughter had a spiral fracture to her leg a couple of years ago. I was so angry about the physio, she was in a bad way when she came out of plaster & I had to keep phoning & begging for an appointment, they told me they haev an urgent & a non urgent list... we were on the urgent list so god knows how long we'd have been waiting if we'd been non urgent! I was really concerned & needed advise.... Eventually we got to be seen & eventually, her leg healed completely! :cool: She started swimming lessons whilst we were waiting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/smudgley2/various144.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/smudgley2/various135.jpg

dinahsmum
17-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Good luck with the hospital and future treatment.
Private physio? Well - if you need it (you do) and you can't get it any other way, just go for it. Think about the cost some other time. A good sports physio is a good bet - used to getting younger people fit and well again.

Fran
17-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this Amber. I do hope all goes well today at the hospital today x

Amber
17-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi guys well I have been to the hospital and feel much better for my rant :-D

I was so annoyed when I got there though, normally takes me 20 - 25 minutes in the car so I left an hour so I was there early. Took me an hour and 15 minutes to get there so I was 10 minutes late for my appointment! The one day the hospital are running on time aswell :roll:

Well I have to say the doctor I saw today was a lot better than the last 2. He actually took the time to at least have a look at it! Said he would chase the physio for me, and I had a message on my answer phone when I got in to phone the physio department, now have an appointment with them for 4th June. I think I will continue with the private aswell though if I can get back to work. When I am working I will be able to afford it, but at the moment I am on statutory sick pay which isn't really worth mentioning.

I mentioned the removal of the wires and he said unless they really cause me problems they will leave them because it is not as straightforward as it sounds, and in the worst case scenario the removal may break the bone again so it would be back to square one :shock: but he said I will have to wait at least another 6 months before we even consider it as it is too early at the moment.

I am off to hydrotherapy tonight and then physio tomorrow so it's all go go go :D

Fran
17-05-2007, 01:05 PM
So pleased you got the physio sorted at last! Hope you start to improve quickly x

Erin
17-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Glad you got it sorted Amber :)

Mags
17-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Glad the hospital visit went well Amber.....and pleased you have the physio sorted..:D

Sweet
17-05-2007, 06:52 PM
....only just catching this thread....

Glad the appointment went well today x

Jac
17-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Amber so glad you finally got an appointment for the physio and that the Doc actually looked at you.
It's a shame that we have to loose the place with Doc's ect and rant before we actually get anywhere.
I was told a few months ago my Doc wants another MRI scann of my back. I'm on the emergancy list, which is over 6 months long and my pain clinic urgent appointment is well still in the post.:?

Its good you have managed to go private but a shame too.