PDA

View Full Version : more unwanted pregnant cats

smudgley
15-05-2007, 05:50 PM
After the sudden rush of moms-to-be a few weeks ago, it's been fairly quiet with calls for pregnant ones, then I get home to a message from a lady who noticed a stray cat in her garden a while ago, she said she kept noticing others & some were pregnant, she now has 9 cats, one with a litter & one pregnant & she doesn't even like cats! She likes birds :roll: Have tried to call her back but not in at the mo! Can't offer much help at the moment though.

Kazz
15-05-2007, 06:11 PM
The woman sounds like Alex once she accepts one the word spreads.....cats welcome.

Sucha shame in this rain.

smudgley
15-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Just had another message about a pregnant female.
A grey & white one. What is it? how come we don't have any for ages then lots in one day?

Kazz
15-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Maybe people just notice them.

Moli
15-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Poor little things, will they come to you Smudgley??? why can't people have their cats neutered!!!:evil:

smudgley
15-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Poor little things, will they come to you Smudgley??? why can't people have their cats neutered!!!:evil:

I've got no room Moli.:cry:
My 4 pens are in use. (Oscar / Kara / Midnight & babies / Star)
I am tempted to put them in kitten pens, but I did say I wouldn't do that again as I really don't have enough time to care for any more than 4 pens. But I find it hard to say no. :(
I even have 4 kittens with a friend of mine. Who offered to help out as we were desperate :shock: (the kittens from the flat)

Moli
15-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I would love to foster, but because I have 3 dogs not allowed to......:(

smudgley
15-05-2007, 06:36 PM

Dogs are no problem with fosterers in our branch. ;)

Jac
15-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Why and when will people learn to get there cats neutered. It's not fair all these lovely cats with unwanted litters.

Kazz
15-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Dogs are no problem with fosterers in our branch. ;)

Well Moli al I can say is at least your branch has spoken to you and Smudgley one of us really needs to move....:?

smudgley
15-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I think I'll start a campaign to get you lot moved to near me.
We need you guys in our branch!

Kazz
15-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Makes you wonder how many more people are out there willing and able to help yet ignored or not allowed.

Jac
15-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I'd help when I could but not fostering. A bit too emotianal. I'd happily do anything else but like Kazz no one has got back to me either.

smudgley
15-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I've just spoken to the lady with all the cats.:(
The story is, a stray cat appeared 2 years ago.
Has had 3 litters since. :roll: currently has a litter of 4 week old babies.:shock:
2 of her last litter are now pregnant:roll:
Sounds all a bit out of hand to me. :?

Kazz
15-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Could get a little out of hand easier to go and spay them then let the lady have them back. If she wants them of course.

Sweet
15-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Poor kitties out in this rain, or boiling sun, depending on our good old British weather :( x

Jac
15-05-2007, 08:32 PM
That is so very sad.
:(

alexgirl73
15-05-2007, 09:19 PM
poor babiess! I hope something can be done to help them Smudgley!

Amber
15-05-2007, 09:28 PM
It really does annoy me when all these unwanted pregnant cats turn up :( or someones cat gets pregnant and they dont want it anymore. If people could just pay that little bit of money to have their cats neutered in the first place they would save the poor cats a lot of distress.

I work as a trainee veterinary nurse and we work alongside a cat charity who are absolutely fantastic! They are always bringing new arrivals to us to be neutered. The amount of females we go to neuter and find to be already pregnant is unreal :( and the amount of old toms who are covered in scars and riddled with FIV!

tilly
15-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I can't help right now but the house I am buying is in buckingham and has room for some pens. I am not sure if that is too far for you but I don't mind driving if it is an hour or so away from you.
I don't know how fast it will all move but I am hoping to be in some time in July.
Unfortuntely that doesn't help you right now.

Sally

kado
16-05-2007, 03:47 AM
I wish i could help too. I also tried to help out at cat charity last year but no one every got back to me as well.

random
16-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I tried years ago to become a fosterer for the CPL. I only had Tabs and one dog, Charlie, who gets on great with all animals, and my son who was then about 18 months. I was also a student but I studied from home with the open university so as I could be with my little boy. I also lived in a privately rented 2 bed semi. I had already asked my landlord who was fine and very helpful. However all of these factors went against me and they said no. They also said no to me rehoming a cat from them for the above reasons.

yola
16-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I would say to all of you who have not heard back from CP and other charities keep trying! Speaking from personal experience within our branch;

1. Sometimes the phone volunteers will in error either not pass a message on or take a number down incorrectly. We have several little old ladies who love helping out but do make a bit of a hash of taking messages. It does cause frustrations on both sides.

2. There are often a lot of 'tyre kickers' coming along to volunteer. They work on the principal of it seems like a good idea at the time. Time and effort is spent training them in their chosen task and then, inexplicably, they drop out and let colleague and cats down. We have learnt to not always rush as the 1st offer of help, and if someone is really serious about helping we work on the premise that they will call again.

Kazz
16-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I keep trying I have repeatedly emialed, left phone messages etc etc etc and no one gets back you get one inital phone call or email then thts it like you get over looked................I know people are volunteers but y question is how the heck do they get more volunteers when noone seems able to take anyone on?
I have been trying seriously since just after I had Oscar PTS. Which would be the new year of 2006...now it is Spring/Summer 2007
I don't know how Alex did it but I think she may eventually have contacted someone who knows someone?

I almost get to the point of thinking/saying forget it - when I see posts from Smudgley yourself Yola and others and think I can help but off I go again. I thought I had cracked it but since my email saying you will be useful etc - I have heard nothing at all,....despite my regular begging to help emails.
Now I am close to giving up completely. Karen

alexgirl73
16-05-2007, 04:33 PM
The only way I got in contact was through Jackie who comes on here, she gave me a phone number to call! Smudgley, do you not know of anyone in Kazzs area who could help? Do you not have a CPL charity shop near you Kazz, that you could pop into and speak to someone?

alexgirl73
16-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Have a look on here Kazz, and see if there is anything near you!

http://www.charitiesdirectory.com/static_page.html

smudgley
16-05-2007, 07:32 PM
I think I've said this before, but if I wanted to offer help & wasn't getting any satisfaction, I would

a) contact Head Office. CP is a large charity & has a lot of staff at the Head Office to deal with enquiries.

b)contact other numbers - within the chosen branch, the lost & found line / neutering / rehoming / any of these & eventually you shoud get to someone who will help.

Kazz
16-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Done B Never bothered to do A as I wonder if they relly want you/me. There are only so many times you can be ignored.

alexgirl73
16-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I sent emails to HO Smudgley, and never received one call back!!