PDA

View Full Version : Story to rival Boy's Mum lol

Amber
15-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Woke up this morning to a huge commontion downstairs! Sounded like someone was throwing things everywhere.

So I went down and the back door was open where my dad had come in to take Max out and then left him with the run of the garden. He was going mad at the gate on the kitchen door, jumping at it and everything so I put him in the garden. Went into the living room and Amber was sitting on the window sill, and there was a blackbird sitting on top of the curtains :roll: now I'm not really a bird person in fact I am terrified of them :lol: but I tried to get it down and take it outside, but Amber was having none of it and jumped at it! well the poor little thing took off for the kitchen and was flying towards the door at which point I thought "great". Silly thing flew straight into the window and guess where it fell? It landed in the frying pan on the draining board! Amber just sat on the side looking into the frying pan miowing as if to say "move then" :-D

It wasn't funny at the time I was so worried for the little thing, It got up and started wandering about so I took it outside and watched it for a while (with cat and dog safely inside!) and it flew away so I hope it is ok. Just looking back the image of the bird laying in the frying pan with the cat looking at it :lol: could have been on a postcard!

Sweet
15-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Awww, I hope its all ok x

Mags
15-05-2007, 12:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:...fun in your house this morning!!

It could have been worse, the frying pan could have been on the hob and you could have been looking forward to a stir fry for lunch!! :-D

CathyW
15-05-2007, 12:58 PM
we also had the remains of a thrush down stairs this morning, all those feathers to hoover up.
im getting my 2 collars with HUGE bells on, notra.dam type bells. then if they get a bird its the birds fault or hes deaf.
can just see my 2 commando crawling on the bellies with 1 paw over their bells to quieten the noise LOL
dont these trapped birds make alot of mess, the poo yuk.
at least your presant got out ok, other than a banging head ache.

dandysmom
15-05-2007, 04:34 PM
That gave me a good laugh, Amber! How I wish you'd been able to get a pic of it!!! And a happy ending...the bird got away!