PDA

View Full Version : My baby girl (Horse)

Amber
14-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Meet Zayanaah (pronounced Zay-Nah) my beautiful 11 year old Arabian mare. Until she was 6 years old, she was left in a field with a herd of youngsters and had nothing done with her. The story goes that her old owner bought her for her daughter when Zay was 2. Her daughter then married a jockey and was only interested in the Throughbreds. When I got her she was very nervous, you couldn't touch her feet and she had never seen a brush in 4 years! She had no manners whatsoever and she would barge through gates and stable doors, knocking you over the process. Now 7 years on she is an angel! She still gets nervous in new situations and she can be funny with her back legs sometimes, but all in all she is a little superstar :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/T4ASnowdon/Zayanaah.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/T4ASnowdon/SP_A0131.jpg

Not fantastic pictures but I will post some show ones soon :D

Moli
14-05-2007, 09:47 PM
She is lovely, good for you giving her a good home....she looks a happy girl.

Mags
14-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Oh she is stunning .......I love horses!!

Just wait til Fran sees your pics!! ;)

Erin
14-05-2007, 09:50 PM
awww she beautiful :)

Amber
14-05-2007, 10:05 PM
thank you for comments :D I have some better pictures but they need to be scanned, and I cannot be bothered to get off my bum and do it :-D

Mags
14-05-2007, 10:06 PM
thank you for comments :D I have some better pictures but they need to be scanned, and I cannot be bothered to get off my bum and do it :-D
Don't worry, we'll wait........but not too long!! ;):lol:

Fran
14-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Oh wow!! She is beautiful!!! I had a blanket spotted appaloosa mare that had some arab in her, little minx she was but absolute brilliant showjumper :cool:

These days we just have the old boy an Irish Draught X absolute softy, real sweetie but a handful in the woods :shock: :shock: :shock:

Your girl is very beautiful, do you ride her?

More piccies asap please!!

Amber
14-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks Fran more piccies coming shortly :D

I do ride her but because she was left so late she is still really nervous. She has come on in leaps and bounds though! Unfortunately I can't ride at the moment as I fractured my patella in February so I'm out of the saddle for a while! A couple of years back I put her out on loan because I was struggling financially but didn't want to sell her. The girl gave her back after a few months because she 'doesn't jump!' like hell she doesn't :lol: take her cross country and her feet don't touch the ground!

She is a little minx at shows though :roll: in-hand she is fantastic! So laid back I almost want her to do something to prove she really is an Arab :lol: but get on her back and she turns into the demon pony from hell :-D

Emm
14-05-2007, 10:59 PM
she is beautiful - I've always wanted to try horse riding but I don't know why I'm a little bit scared of horses - we have a riding centre close to here and I would love to have my own horse and go riding in the woods with my dogs following behind - maybe one day! :D

sarahd
14-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh wow Amber she is truly stunning

I think I am in love lol

sarah
x

Sweet
14-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I do not know anything about horses, the only one I read about is Frans Bootsey.

She is gorgeous, cannot wait to see more pics of her x

Amber
15-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Thank you all so much :D it makes me so proud to see her now! I just think back to how she was before and how far she has come, I get a wonderful sense of achievment!

Jess751
15-05-2007, 03:06 AM
She looks really sweet! Glad shes come around and has a good home now! ;) Next to my dogs (I love my cats too but they are tied in 3rd with my Rats :p) horses are my favorite animals!! One day I hope to own a couple! :D

Jac
15-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow:shock: . She's lovely. Thanks for posting them and her story. So glad she found you.

Animagus
18-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Amber she is stunning.... I love horses but dont ride much anymore... feel I am a bit too heavy for them these days