PDA

View Full Version : These cats will be the death of me yet

Elaine
10-05-2007, 09:36 PM
The very large Eva is now on a diet and I am trying to get her to excercise more too. Spent half an hour running up and down stairs this evening chasing balls and jacks and she just sat watching me. She didnt even move for the laser pen:roll:
The Bernie went AWOL:shock: Couldnt find him any where. We were up and down stairs knocking on neighbors doors, out in the garden, down in the cellars, out in the street. He was nowhere. I was on my third trip out in the back garden when a guy from a neighboring building asked if I was looking for a black cat? He said he had been in his garden earlier:shock: . I ran down the street and he let me into his garden, I was in all the sheds and out houses, no sign of him. Graham ran to the bottom of the street and jumped the wall there, into the end garden, then the next and the next. He then shouted up to me that he could see Bernie, he was high up on thye boundary wall, around 18 to 20 feet high. Graham managed to get up and chased him up to our garden again where I was running around with a ladder and a chair trying to get at him. Eventually we got him down. I am exhausted now. Oh and the police arrived too, but they were ok when we explained what we were trying to do and left us to it.;)
Time to get some cat proof fencing now me thinks:roll:

alexgirl73
10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! Sorry Elaine, but I can just imagine you two trying to explain to the police that you were trying to catch a cat!!! Definitely time for fencing.

LOL@Eva too!

Moli
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry Elaine, but the picture of you running around with a chair and a ladder sounded so funny!!:lol: :lol: Pleased you managed to get Bernie back home...

Elaine
10-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes I can imagine there must have been several people laughing at us from behind curtains too:lol:
I was so scared he was going to jump the opposite direction and end up on the busy George Street.:cry:
I actually think he was showing off to Eva as to how fit and agile he is and she isnt;)

dandysmom
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I know it was awfully scary at the time, but the mental picture of you with the ladder trying to explain to the police that you weren't out for a spot of cat-burgling rather than cat rescue...sorry, but is so funny...:roll: Seriously, glad Bernie's home safe and sound...definitely cat fencing!!

Fran
10-05-2007, 09:50 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: but your story was sooo funny :lol: Yes, maybe catproof fencing would make life easier for all including the local constabulary :-D

Elaine
10-05-2007, 09:52 PM
I must try to get some pics of me against that wall, it trully is high:shock: Even with the ladder, I couldnt reach him. Thankfully he managed to get down and I quickly scooped him up and ran into the house with him.

Mags
:lol::lol::lol: What we owners put ourselves through for our cats is nobodies business!!:-D I would love to have seen that too!!:lol:

Elaine
Why I thought I would get him with the chair god only knows but it was close to hand.

dandysmom
10-05-2007, 09:59 PM
We don't think very clearly in a state of panic.....

yola
10-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh that sounds familiar :oops: I think all the neighbours are truly fed up of me yelling Fifi, Balie and (especially) Darcy each time the cats are let out :roll:

Darcy now only goes out on a harness; the little rogue ;) .

Your Bernie certainly made you and poor Graham look like a pair of dafties tonight. Good job we love them to bits . . . I guess that's why we make ourselves the laughing stock of the neighbourhood on their account :roll:

Jac
11-05-2007, 09:36 AM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 @Elaine, chair,ladder and police!!!!!