PDA

View Full Version : A fishy tale

dinahsmum
08-05-2007, 09:14 AM
From my sister. They have a nice pond in their garden, with quite a few fish - one large koi, some smaller ones and some ordinary 'goldfish'.
One morning she was doing a quick check round before going to work, as usual, and looked in and though 'oh - fish at the bottom of the pool, ? dead? poor thing, wonder what has happened.' So, wiping her eyes and taking another look, she sees it is not just the fish at the bottom - it had a toad 'friend', 'cuddling' it in amorous fashion:shock: . So BIL was tasked with getting a net and coming to the rescue. He dredged them out, and then spent ages prising the toad off. It was well and truly hooked, with its toes curled right in the fishes gills. Eventually they were separated. The toad was given a warning as to his future conduct and released into the hedge and the fish went off to seek counselling.
It recovered.

Anyone heard anything like that before?

Pic - not the culprit. This is a frog that lives in the pond - one of many. Pic take with my oh's new camera, of which he is very proud! :)

[attach-center]495[/attach-center]

yola
08-05-2007, 09:26 AM
LOL!!! I can't say I've ever heard of that before . . . . but then I'm not a pond afficionado :D

Mags
08-05-2007, 11:48 AM
What a naughty toad :lol: ....that's the first time I have heard anything like that!!

I hope your BIL 'toad' him off and asked him 'wart' are you doing' before he let him go! ;)

Elaine
08-05-2007, 11:52 AM
What a naughty toad :lol: ....that's the first time I have heard anything like that!!

I hope your BIL 'toad' him off and asked him 'wart' are you doing' before he let him go! ;)

Oh dear Mags that was terrible:lol: :lol: :lol: but it did make me laugh:lol: :lol: :lol:

janey83
08-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Awww poor fish. Naughty frog. Never heard of anythin like that.

Sweet
08-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I have never heard of that before, a good tale for me to read today, it brought a much needed smile to my face x

Fran
08-05-2007, 01:26 PM
:-D Funny story!! Nice frog piccie..

dinahsmum
09-05-2007, 09:20 AM

Mags! :shock:
Whatever made you spawn bad puns like that? Hop off now :) (Yes, I know, my puns are way worse than yours!)
If it had been a productive relationship, would the offspring have been tish or foad? Toadfish sounds quite good - nearly goldfish but not quite ....

Mags
09-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Mags! :shock:
Whatever made you spawn bad puns like that? Hop off now :) (Yes, I know, my puns are way worse than yours!)
If it had been a productive relationship, would the offspring have been tish or foad? Toadfish sounds quite good - nearly goldfish but not quite ....
:-D :-D :-D

Jac
11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I missed this one too.

That is so strange. The puns frogetable.

Erin
11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
lol funny story,i missed it too

alexgirl73
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
It must have been a 'horny toad' DM!!!!

dinahsmum
12-05-2007, 12:54 PM
It must have been a 'horny toad' DM!!!!
:-D :-D :-D very good!