PDA

View Full Version : Will be speaking to vet next week...

alexgirl73
04-05-2007, 11:28 PM
...about when I can have madam speyed:shock: . She is in call at the moment (but lucky me she has silent calls :-P ), and today she did something she's never done!!! I was in the kitchen with the back door open while I was cooking, as it gets so hot in there. I have to lock Broxi and Cooper out as they make a run for it :roll: , but Teddie only ever goes as far as teh back door and looks out. Anyway, I'm stirring my pot and happened to glance out the window, only to see Miss Teddie up the back of my garden beside the shed!!:shock: :shock: . My heart near stopped! I hobbled up the path as fast as I could but I was laughing my head off at the same time, 'cause she was walking over the grass trying desperatley to keep her paws off of it!!!:lol: :lol: . She obviously didn't like the feel of the stuff. So she is now barred from the kitchen as well when the door is open, but I don't want to take ANY chances with her being caught out, so will ask the vet when he thinks she will be strong enough for speying! Hopefully very soon!

Fran
04-05-2007, 11:36 PM
:shock: What a panic!! I had similar today with Bliss, she was trying to dislodge the locks on the kitchen window which hubby put on to stop the window opening out too far. I had to close the window as I knew she would master it in the end and she is in full blown call :roll:

I share your worry over the speying as Porsha has come into call today and this is her fourth call :? The vet has assured me she will spey her next week when they do the bowel biopsys so that will be one less worry.

Incidently and pinching your thread here but I'm wondering if Porsha's episode of diarrhoea has something to do with her calling as it's around 3 weeks since she had the last incident of diarrhoea and similar since she called too :?

Hope the vet will give you the go ahead to get Teddie speyed - that will be one less worry for you Alex x

alexgirl73
04-05-2007, 11:39 PM
That's a very interesting thought Fran! I wonder what your vet would say to that. It could maybe be a hormonal thing with her then!!
I know my vet said that when he speys Teddie, he will have quick look round while he's in there, so to speak, to make sure there's nothing obvious like a twisted bowel or anything that could be causing Teddies upsets, but as she has been so good for the last few weeks, I'm more inclined to think it's definitely a problem inside the bowel!

dandysmom
04-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Alex, I know it's a worry for you, but I can't help but laugh at little Ms. Teddie so determined to answer the call of her hormones that she was actually walking on the grass! When my friends moved from a flat to a house, their Persian, who'd never been outside, was horrified at the grass...you described it perfectly!! Please give her a hug from me!

alexgirl73
04-05-2007, 11:47 PM
It WAS so funny Eileen! You could almost see this look of horror on her face, and she was walking along lifting her paws as high up as her short little legs would let her, trying so hard not to let then touch the nasty green stuff!! I wish I'd had a video camera handy!!

dandysmom
04-05-2007, 11:52 PM
It WAS so funny Eileen! You could almost see this look of horror on her face, and she was walking along lifting her paws as high up as her short little legs would let her, trying so hard not to let then touch the nasty green stuff!! I wish I'd had a video camera handy!! I wish you had too! My friend had me in hysterics describing Sheba's first encounter with grass...it was nothing like the normal nice soft carpet she was used to...she was appalled! :-D

dinahsmum
05-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Two part response

1a. lol @ Teddie on the grass - I can imagine.:)
1b. Good news that she is strong and healthy enough to spay :smt023

2. Interesting thoughts on hormones/calling/bad tummies. Wonder what the vets will say? Calling must have a huge effect on them - it changes their personality and behaviour, who's to say it doesn't change their digestive processes. :smt102

Jac
05-05-2007, 09:34 AM
:smt043 :smt043 @ Teddie on the grass and:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 @ Alex "speeding" up the garden to get her!!!
It is a thought with the hormones zooming about there bodies that it could cause upset tums. Poor Alex, bet your heart was in your mouth.

Mags
05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
2. Interesting thoughts on hormones/calling/bad tummies. Wonder what the vets will say? Calling must have a huge effect on them - it changes their personality and behaviour, who's to say it doesn't change their digestive processes. :smt102

I suppose you could call it Cat PMT! :cool:

dandysmom
05-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Oh, very good, Mags!!! :-D

Animagus
05-05-2007, 06:28 PM
lol @ Teddie.........