PDA

View Full Version : Porsha

Fran
03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Porsha has started with the incontinence of faeces again :( I know for definite she hasn't eaten anything but her usual food. I've had to confine her to a cat carrier for the time being as every single step she makes there is pooh running everywhere,this is one of the worst episodes she has had. I am just trying to locate a dog crate to keep her in for the time being (my friend has one she doesn't use)

Hubby has asked me to consider having her pts :( he thinks it would be kinder on her and fairer on the rest of the family. I am in tears here, I'm desperate and don't know what to do. Just going to phone the vet now for her thoughts

Animagus
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh Fran I hope it doesnt come to that.... I am sorry to hear poor wee Porscha is not doing to good again... hope the vet can come up with something.... fingers crossed for you and her my love xxxxx

kado
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I feel for you Fran. Thinking of you and Porsha

lol jane

Moli
03-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh, PK, hope the vet can be helpful...Thoughts and Hugs with you...

dinahsmum
03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
so sorry to read this ..........
xx

Mags
03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh Fran, I'm so sorry to read this news, I really hoped that Porsha would improve in time. I can truly understand what it must be like for you and confinining her to a carrier or cage is the only option for you for she is like this:( Obviously you have to think of the hygiene aspect and the rest of your family.

I think your hubby is really trying to be kind to Porsha, wondering how much longer she can carry on like this as it must be so weakening for her. He is also thinking of all the worry you are going through as well. The best person to turn to is the professional, your vet .......hopefully she will be perfectly honest with you as to what to expect for Porsha's future.

Sending you love and kind thoughts Fran, I hope the vet can help Porsha get over this...... ((((((hugs)))))) xxx

dinahsmum
03-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Mags has put it perfectly.
Do what's right - we'll be here for you
x

smudgley
03-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry to read this Fran.:(

Let us know what the vet says.

Sweet
03-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh Fran, ((((((hugs)))))) x

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh Fran!! I am so sorry to be reading this. Only you and your family can decide what to do for Porsha, but you know that everyone on here will be supporting you no matter what! Thinking of you ((hugs))

borderdawn
03-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh dear fran poor Porsha. It must be awful for everybody to see her like that and she cant feel too good herself. Maybe hubby was just thinking a bit quick seeing her so poorly, she has been doing so well perhaps its just a minor setback.
Dawn.

Elaine
03-05-2007, 06:47 PM
I am so very sorry Fran, I really dont know what else to say. Must be very distressing for you all and poor Porsha.
Lots of love to you all xxx

Fran
03-05-2007, 06:48 PM
The vet has phoned me back, I am going up at 7.15 to pick up some more antibiotics and to get another sample pot. Yet another sample :roll: She is going to take her in next week to do a bowel biopsy and as she will have to go under GA they will spey her too. The vet has warned me that the outlook may not be good. It is possible that the recurrent diarrhoea she had as a young kitten may have damaged her bowels and that pts might be the only option :cry: But for now she will do all she can to try and identify a cause for the recuurent bouts of diarrhoea she is having. Thank you all for your kind wishes x

tilly
03-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I hope it doesn't come to having Porsha PTS but if it does we all know that you have done the very best you can for her. I hope the vet can come up with some treatment that will work out for her.
Loads of Hugs in the mean time.

Sally

Mags
03-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Fran, I know you will do your utmost to help Porsha and give her every chance ........ I also know that you won't let her suffer unnecessarily. Be brave and take one day at a time with her ........... thinking of you, your family and Porsha ..xxx

Sweet
03-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Thinking of you all ((((((hugs)))))) x

yola
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Everyone involved is working for the good of Porsha and I think trying so very hard to exhaust all avenues before having to confront that horrible decision. Rest assured Fran that everyone here is rooting for Porsha and hoping that the vet will be able to provide a diagnosis one way or t'other.

And if all else fails, we will support you in whatever final decision you need to make, but I wish with all my heart it doesn't come to that. Hugs.

Kazz
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Fran

As Yola and the others have already said - everyone involved has Porsha's best interest at heart she is after all Tortilious, :) and its a descision only you and the family can make suppported by the vets information.

Whatever you decide it will be the right choice because it will be made with Love.
And because you love her, it will break you heart to let her go but sometimes as we know - you have to let those you love go.
Thats often the best and only thing left to do. But it may also be a hiccup, and she'll bounce back.
Being spayed will be a weight off your mind to I imagine.

Karen

Erin
03-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Oh fran im so sorry.thinking of you all ((((hugs))))

dandysmom
03-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh Fran, all I can say is I'm so sorry...what an awful time for you. I do hope the vet will be able to help you make the best decision; sending lots of love and hugs ...:(

EmmaG
03-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to her being PTS, as I know how much that will upset you Fran. Keeping my fingers crossed that the vets can help.

But whatever happens I know (as we all do) that you will put her first and do what is right for her.

(((massive hugs))) to you Fran

Fran
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes. I saw the vet earlier but it was decided that we would leave Porsha at home due to the stress of travelling and the awful mess she would be in when she got there. We had a long chat and she has commended me for how well I have 'coped' with Porsha's problems so far. She also said that if Porsha was hers she would pts :( but since she isn't and as both her and I feel the need to explore every avenue possible in the hope that she can be cured she is willing to do a few more tests including the biopsy sometime next week. One thing the vet said to me cut a chord, she said you really wish you had never got her don't you? and I can honestly say that whilst I regret being 'taken in' by her breeder, I don't regret bringing her home as she has brought me so much love and fun in between her down episodes. Fingers crossed that the biopsy will provide answers and hopefully a subsequent treatment. The biopsy op is not without risk and she will have to stay at the vets at least 24 hours after the op as the risk of peritonitis is quite high apparantly. Please keep the good wishes and healing vibes coming for her, she's going to need them me thinks :( x

Moli
03-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Sending healing vibes by the bucket load, and love to you and your Family.....Hugs to all of you..... xxx

Mags
03-05-2007, 10:15 PM
We are all with you Fran and sending every healing vibe possible... ((((hugs)))) xx

dandysmom
03-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Good wishes and healing vibes coming, Fran! And hugs for you.....

tilly
03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Healing vibes and a hug is on it way

Sally

Sweet
03-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here.....and loads and loads of healing vibes heading your way as we write x

dinahsmum
04-05-2007, 08:17 AM
I hope it was a good night at your house Fran, and that you all feel a little less raw after a sleep.
The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that it seems this situation is drawing to a resolution, one way or the other. Everyone hopes this treatment/investigation will give a positive answer and the way forward to a healthy future, but if, sadly, it doesn't , you will know absolutely 100% that you have done eveything possible. No-one could have done more.
More ((hugs)) - you must be squashed!

Fran
04-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Well, a little improvement this morning. She still has a faecal incontinence but there is some consistency to it now where as yesterday it was just like water. I guess the cocktail of drugs she is having must be helping. I starved her over night and she has just had a small amount of her regular food. Fingers crossed that she will continue to improve. The vet would be happier doing the biopsy when she is a little firmer rather than so squitty so hopefully this will be the case..Thank you once again for all your good vibes, messages and wishes x

alexgirl73
04-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Every positive vibe that I can possibly send is heading in your direction Fran! oh, and more ((hugs)) from me too!

Sweet
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
So glad to read there is a little improvement this morning ((((((hugs)))))) x

TIGS
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
aw poor porsha poor you :( i really hope she continues to get well. just remember whatever happens we are all here for you.hugs & kisses to you & porsha xxxxx

Moli
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Glad to hear there is a improvement, hoping it continues.....

sammy
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Am only just catching up on this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about Porsha, what a horrible situation to be in. I really hope the vet can help her.

{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Sammy.xxx

Mags
04-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I think little Posha had an overdose of good vibes to go with her ABs last night! I'm really pleased to hear there was a slight improvement Fran.

Keep your chin up girl, we're with you all the time;) ((((hugs)))) x

dandysmom
04-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm very glad there was a slight improvement, Fran! May it continue!!

Elaine
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Sending you and Porsha **** loads of good wishes, vibes and possitive thoughts xxxx
Sorry bad choice of phrase:oops:
Lots of love and I sincerely hope that a resolution is found xxx

Animagus
04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
hope that the tests give you the answers your looking for .... healing thoughts coming your way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kazz
04-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Healing thoughts coming from me too. I do hope the drugs are working their magic.

borderdawn
04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Encouraging news Fran, hope it continues.
dawn.

Donna
04-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Sending all best wishes to you and Porsha. I hope you can get an answer with the biopsy so she can get better x

Fran
05-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Small improvement again today. We are certainly not back to normal by any means but things are gradually improving :)

As I said in Alex's thread regarding little Teddie being speyed, I am beginning to wonder if there is some sort of connection between Porsha calling and these episodes of diarrhoea? She came into call yesterday, although she seems to have gone out of call today. But it's about three weeks since she last called and around the same since she last had an episode of the runs. I'm not saying that it will be the only contibuting factor to her having diarrhoea but the stress of her coming into call might not be helping her cause. Hopefully, once she is speyed next week, that will eliminate that factor at least??

Thank you all again for your very kind wishes x

alexgirl73
05-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Glad there's another small improvement with her today Fran! Really hoping it continues. ((hugs))

Jac
05-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Oh Fran pets are a worry arn't they? I really hope they can sort little Porsha out for you. She really has has a rough time of it. It makes sence that it could be related to her coming into call. Hormones are funny thiings:shock: . Lets hope once she's spayed then that will be her right as rain. Good luck.

dinahsmum
05-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Hope this 'hormone path' proves fruitful.
Good news that she's a bit better today

Mags
05-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Good news that Porsha has improved slightly Fran ..........I really hope your instincts are correct and the speying will prove to be the end of her problems......
fingers crossed for next week!

Erin
05-05-2007, 06:25 PM
So glad she has improved fran :-)

Moli
05-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Good to hear there is an improvement....fingers crossed it is hormone related...

Animagus
05-05-2007, 06:35 PM
glad Porscha seems better..... maybe I should get speyed lol the hormone thing sounds like a pretty good match for what i go through just before my "calling" lol

Fran
05-05-2007, 09:12 PM
:lol: @ Wendy!!

Thanks all, well she is loads better this evening!

I doubt that speyeing will remove the problem completely but it will hopefully eliminate the episodes that she seems to have just before she calls..

dandysmom
05-05-2007, 09:22 PM
glad Porscha seems better..... maybe I should get speyed lol the hormone thing sounds like a pretty good match for what i go through just before my "calling" lol LOL ! Hang in there, Wendy, it all goes away when you go thru the change!! :-D I was lucky, had a real easy one, hardly any hot flashes & no problems! (Didn't mean to hijack your thread, Fran...)

charliebubs
06-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm only just catching up with this thread, but I did have the pleasure of visiting Fran and her gang yesterday morning.

You know that I'm with you 100% whatever happens Fran. I know that you will do the right thing for Porsha and your family.

She is a gorgeous little girl though and she did seem fine in herself when I met her, but this must be bringing her down.

I do hope that the biopsy and the neutering will have some more positive results for you.

How is she today??

Lots of love and hugs to you, Porsha and the others. :)
xxx

Fran
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
How is she today??

She is back to normal today, thank you :cool:

It was lovely to see you again yesterday Charlie and meet your lovely mum too!! How did the shopping spree go??? any pierced belly buttons? ;) :-D

mable1718
06-05-2007, 02:01 PM
oh fran i so sorry to hear the news and i hope it does not come to this