PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with new vet!!

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 10:10 AM
As you all know Teddie has been on the Hills id wet for the last few weeks and is going great guns. I used her last tin last night so popped into the vets first thing this morning to get more, 'oh sorry we don't have any in stock!':mad: Now they know that Teddies is on this food, I come in once a week to get it, so surely they should have it in stock. All they could give me was RC wet sensitivity which I wasn't happy about as we all know how the slightest thing can upset her tummy. So I'll just have to wait and see how things go. They are ordering the hills in for me:roll:

dinahsmum
03-05-2007, 10:26 AM
That is annoying!
Let's hope she's fine on the sensitivity, and it becomes a blessing in disguise.
You can buy the food outside the vet, and although initially is appears cheaper the shipping charge (unless you get about 10 dozen tins) soon eliminates the saving
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_66_101&products_id=402
Life's like that, sadly :?

smudgley
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't be annoyed with the vets Alex. ;) they may have 10 Teddies on the food & the other 9 may have collected some yesterday, leaving them out of stock..or they may not keep it in stock.They can get it next day delivery through NVS..:cool:

PM on way.

Fran
03-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Hope you manage to get some food soon Alex, especially since Teddie is so good on it. Have you tried any other vets in the area?

Mags
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Hopefully your vet will get a new stock in the next day or two Alex:D

Meanwhile, I hope Teddie manages to stomach the RC sensitivity ok......

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 01:06 PM
They are ordering some in for me for tomorrow, but I'm not looking forward to the rest of today. I gave her half the tray (it's one tray per day) for her breakfast, and 5 mins ago I was sitting in the living room, no tv or anything on, I was cross stitching, and I heard this noise. Teddie was 10 feet away from me and it was her tummy 'hissing'!! so I don't think this will help matters any.

dinahsmum
03-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Eeek
Any fish in the house? Just for tonight and the morning, till you get her back on the proper stuff?

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
No fish I'm afraid, but I'll see how her toilet is when she goes and nip up to Asda if it's bad and get her some for her tea!

Animagus
03-05-2007, 01:26 PM
poor Teddie..... din't he offer to see if any other vets had a stock in???

yola
03-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Oh dear Alex, that rumbling sounds ominous :( I hope Teddie can weather the diet change.

I have similar problems with Sebastian's special formula; nobody holds in it stock so I need to allow an extra day or 2 even after collecting the prescription :roll: Darned nuisance!

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 03:12 PM
no he didn't Wendy, assured me that the RC wet was basically the same stuff and she would be fine on that until the hills came in!! Hasn't been to the tray yet, so nothing to report!

charliebubs
03-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh dear Alex. I hope that Teddie stays okay. Fingers crossed here for her.

:)

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, well, erm:? Teddie has been to the tray and done a really good poo:shock: :shock: . So she'll be having the other half of the tin tonight and half of one in the morning and we'll see what happens!:roll:

Mags
03-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Hmmm, well, erm:? Teddie has been to the tray and done a really good poo:shock: :shock: . So she'll be having the other half of the tin tonight and half of one in the morning and we'll see what happens!:roll:
Phew.... that's a relief to us and Teddie :lol:;)

Sweet
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Sending you both a ((((((hug))))) hope all goes well with her tea and breakfast etc.. x

Moli
03-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Thats a relief Alex, hope she is ok on this food, till you can get her normal food.

tilly
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Glad Teddie is alright. Is it worth talking to the vets having them put a note down to order the i/d on acertain day of the week/month for you. Kind of like a standing order type thing?

I ca sympathsies with you as Tilly has to have d/d which the vets don't keep in so I have to make sure to order it in advacen. Luckly for me she can also eat sensitivity control which they usually have in. But I am alway worried when the food gets low incase they don't have any in.

Hugs

Sally

Kazz
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
As Dm said it may be a blessing in disguise? maybe worth ringing the vets 1/2 way through the week to remind them you'll be in or order 14 days food and then collect 7 days worth after 10 days so you always have spare food ;)

dandysmom
03-05-2007, 08:45 PM
That was a good idea that Kazz had! I'm relieved that she had a normal poo, maybe she can eat this food alternating with the other if it doesn't upset her tummy! Give her a little variety!

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm going to see how her poo is in the morning. If it is as good as the one she had tonight, I might keep her on this food for a while and see how she goes. As Eileen says, variety, and it may help her tummy get used to other foods alternating between the two.

Kazz
03-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Don't alternate between them too much.I can't go through the "poo" senario again. :)
My nerves won't take it.

alexgirl73
03-05-2007, 08:56 PM
LOL Kazz! No I wouldn't do it too often, but if it's not going to upset her tumy, every now and again over perhaps the next 6 months with her, then perhaps trying her on a good meat content wet food to see how she goes!! If that didn't work, then sensitivity food for life!

Fran
03-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Sounding good Alex :cool:

smudgley
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't alternate between them too much.I can't go through the "poo" senario again. :)
My nerves won't take it.

:smt005 :smt005

Sorry Alex, I know it isn't funny, but that has tickled me.:-D