PDA

View Full Version : New Tricks

dinahsmum
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Anybody like this programme?
I'm very new to it - just one or two old episodes and then this new series (Monday night had killer cats!) I suspect it is terribly formulaic and that one might soon get bored. However, in the meantime i am enjoying the acting of James Bolan and his growing to accept his widowerhood, the teeth of Dennis Waterman (!!!! - how has he got so old whilst I haven't? :roll: - I remember him as Just William, in the Sweeney and Minder etc etc. Think he's basically the same character! :) ) and the dotty boffin of Alun Armstrong, together with Amanda Redman's fine chest and Susan Jameson's practical down to earthness.
We saw Alun Armstrong in a fantastic performance of Les Miserables, when he was the Master of the House. Amazing!

yola
02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I think I might have seen one or two episodes a couple of years back when the series started (is it the one about the retired coppers pulled out of retirement?). However, not seen it since as I did find it a bit 'pedestrian' and it didn't really grip me like, for instance 'Spooks' or 'Waking the Dead'.

Fran
02-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I haven't seen it. When is it on DM?

dinahsmum
02-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Monday 9pm BBC1 Fran.
Yes Yola, - that's the one. Pedestrian is a reasonable word - I'm fine with it now but I'm sure ten or a dozen episodes will be enough and three or four series would drive me crazy

Sweet
02-05-2007, 03:25 PM
I dont think ive ever seen this x

Animagus
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
seen a couple of episodes havent gone outta my way to watch it though.... not my cuppa tea