PDA

View Full Version : Show brag - Bliss & Mildred

Fran
29-04-2007, 07:47 PM
What a weekend! :cool: We set off Friday teatime with Bliss and Mildred down to Cambridgeshire, we stopped over night at a Travel Lodge :shock: The girls were really good, although Bliss had come into call and squealed all night :roll: Little sleep for us and indeed most of the residents of the Travel Lodge that night :roll: Set off early the next morning after a hearty breakfast to the Bedford show at the Wood Green Animal Centre. Both girls did really well, Bliss won her open class, got her 2nd CC (only one more CC and she'll have Champion status :) ) and Best of Breed :cool: she got one first and a second in her side classes. Mildred won her open but lost out on the BOB to a gorgeous chocolate spotted boy who went onto to win best in show kitten, she got a 2nd and two 3rds in her sides. Charlie came to lend her support :cool: and after the show we went back to Charlie's and met the gorgeous Lily, Abi, Bernard and Kuta and of course the most adorable fluffy kittens you could ever meet!!! A lovely time was had by all :D

Just arrived at the Travel Lodge and Mildred wonders if it is safe to venture out of the carrier...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/BedfordShow20070191.jpg

Didn't take her long before curiosity got the better of her..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/BedfordShow20070181.jpg

and soon both girls were happily exploring and trashing their new territory :roll:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/BedfordShow20070211.jpg

Bliss at the show..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/BedfordShow20070471.jpg

Mildred at the show...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/BedfordShow20070301.jpg

Sweet
29-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Awwww big Congratulations to you all - gorgeous pics x

dandysmom
29-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Oh well done, Fran, that's great! Love the pics of the girls exploring. You must be really chuffed; and now nice to see Charlie and her furbabies!

borderdawn
29-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Very well done!

You are taking this seriously Fran, wouldnt catch me doing more than a 2hr journey to a dog show!! :mrgreen:
Dawn.

Moli
29-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Well done!! great to hear they have done so well...

Mags
29-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Well done Bliss, Mildred and Fran ......congratulations girls!!:D It sounds like you had a very busy weekend what with all the travelling as well Fran ... but it was well worth it.:D

How nice to see Charlie as well..... and the bonus of meeting her cats and kittens too!:D

Fran
29-04-2007, 08:25 PM
You are taking this seriously Fran, wouldnt catch me doing more than a 2hr journey to a dog show!! :mrgreen:
Dawn.

To be honest Dawn, we could have done the Manchester next week instead of the Bedford but we thought it would be a nice night away (hubby and I's wedding anniversary in a couple of days and the children didn't want to come) and we had heard that Wood Green was such a lovely venue - which it is :cool: Plus which it's nice to see what is being shown 'down south' :-D you sort of get fed up seeing the same cats at every show ;)

borderdawn
29-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah i heard that about Cat shows, same faces etc its a lot like that in dogs to a certain extent but the entries are much bigger in the classes, at least in the stronger breeds. I was chuffed when I got res with Breeze at Crufts in such a big entry, but although I was chuffed for my friend when she told me her dog was made into a champion, when you have 13 dogs, BOTH sexes all told, it doesnt seem to mean much at all. Still its the show game I suppose.
Dawn.

Fran
29-04-2007, 08:43 PM
To be honest with the cats it depends on the individual shows. At the Bedford, Mildred's side classes where quite big. One of the shows we entered with Bliss, the side classes had 12 entries in, other shows there have only been four or five, it's the luck of the draw really but it's a nice feeling when your cat does well in a large class :cool: Withholding of first place, CC's and BOB's is quite common in the cat fancy so even if you are the only cat in the class you have no guarantees of a win:roll:

Mildred is still in kitten classes which are always popular. I think this will be Mildred's last show now as a kitten and she'll not go out again now until she is an adult. Obviously I want to get Bliss out to get her final CC..

whiskey
29-04-2007, 09:29 PM
well done to you and your beautiful girls love the pics:D

alexgirl73
29-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Huge congratulations Fran!! Bet you had a fab time! You'll have to come and do the Telford show in January next year ao I get to see both your girls lol! Well done (and lovely pics)

Jac
29-04-2007, 10:21 PM
All I can say is well done:lol: You did Catsey proud:-D

sarahd
29-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Well done Bliss and Mildred and congratulations to you too Fran.
Shame we won't be seeing you next weekend at Manchester.

Sarah
x

borderdawn
30-04-2007, 06:39 AM
To be honest with the cats it depends on the individual shows. At the Bedford, Mildred's side classes where quite big. One of the shows we entered with Bliss, the side classes had 12 entries in, other shows there have only been four or five, it's the luck of the draw really but it's a nice feeling when your cat does well in a large class :cool: Withholding of first place, CC's and BOB's is quite common in the cat fancy so even if you are the only cat in the class you have no guarantees of a win:roll:

Mildred is still in kitten classes which are always popular. I think this will be Mildred's last show now as a kitten and she'll not go out again now until she is an adult. Obviously I want to get Bliss out to get her final CC..
The side classes would be like variety classes in dogs then? You get HUGE entries in those in dogs, I remember one A V puppy Terrier and Hound having over 70 entries in it!! that was at Birmingham champ show a couple years back. Thing is with these classes is they mean nothing as far as gaining the dogs (or cat I ssume) title, but yes I agree its nice to get placed in a big entry like that.

Do they have "finals" like in dogs at the end of the year? Like "pup of the year" or "junior stakes winner" etc?

dinahsmum
30-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Congratulations girls!

Fran
30-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Do they have "finals" like in dogs at the end of the year? Like "pup of the year" or "junior stakes winner" etc?

Obviously the main cat event is the Supreme. They don't have end of year 'finals' as such although Royal Canin run classes throughout the year which at the end of the year lead to various titles including one for best household pet.

Erin
30-04-2007, 08:33 AM
congratulations!!!!! :)

charliebubs
30-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Well done Fran, Bliss and Mildred!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

It was lovely to meet you all (and Martin too) at the weekend and for you to meet my little terrors too!!!!

A very successful weekend. ;)

Animagus
30-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Well done to Both girls.... You must be so proud of them xxx

Kay
10-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Well done Bliss and Mildred.

You are right dawn the dog classes are much bigger but when I was showing I never came across a withheld CC or Res CC. In the cat world this happens regularly and therefore it doesn't matter how many are in the class you can still come away with out it, even if you are the only one. There is a best cat, best kitten, best neuter and best breeder held throughout the year by Royal Canin. You pick up points throughout the year just like the dogs. I do find the cat showing much fairer as you are not with the cat while it is being judged. I felt and was told by many long term breeders that it all depends who is on the end of the lead for a great majority of the judges and not the dog. Obviosly some cats get well known but on the whole I think it is fairer.

Donna
10-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Congratulations to you!! Love the photos.