PDA

View Full Version : What time

Kazz
28-04-2007, 10:49 PM
What time do you feed your cats morning, noon or night? and one or two meals a day?

alexgirl73
28-04-2007, 10:52 PM
In the morning at 7.30 when I get the girls up for school, and again at night around 5pm. Broxi and Cooper have their dry food left out all day for them to nibble on!

dandysmom
28-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Leia has breakfast in the morning when I get up, and dinner in the evening; but little snacks at lunch time, tea time and before bed. I think maybe I'm feeding her a little too much......she's getting a bit..... well.... plump ,,,? She's not an active cat....

Erin
29-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Jerry has 1 pouch in the morning about 7.30 when i get home from wrk and his dry food down all day,but since hes been on his antibiotics hes had 2 pouches so i can get him to take them,he has the 2nd pouch bout 5pm

smudgley
29-04-2007, 09:20 AM
6am & 6pm...

lol @ Eileen. Wonder why she's getting plump Eileen.... with all those snacks. :-D

Donna
29-04-2007, 10:00 AM
About 7am in the morning when I wake up, then around 6pm in the evening when I am in the kitchen cooking.

Maybe a handful of dry food when I go to bed if they are looking at me with "those eyes"!!

Mags
29-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Cassis has one third of a tin of Whiskas at 7.30am and a third of a tin at 4.30pm. .... has a small handful of dry food when I go to bed.

kado
29-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Trying to feed them all at 8am and then 6pm. I know what you mean about them eyes looking at you but with both simon and guinness not realy able to eat any food in between it has to be this way.

Kazz
29-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Hmmm yeap thought so.
Cleo has about 8-10 meals a day and eats them all (pretty much all anyhow maybe a mouthful left) she eats pouches of her flavour of the month food Whiskas Oh so fishy/meaty, or whiskas kitten or senior tinned (those little tins) she also likes the organic small packs of cat food.

The majority of her food being the pouches has them about (APPROX) 5am,7.30-8am,10am, 1pm 3-4pm, dinner about 6-7 which can be either cod (freshly cooked of course) fillet grilled lamb, roast chicken breast, steak grilled etc. then another pouch about 9-10 and another about 12-1 if I get up for the loo.
She has been known to demand one about 3am too....

I spoke to the vets the other day they rang to see how she was which I thought was nice, and after trying to estimate what she ate I started a list writing down when she's fed and discovered how much and the times.
Sundays and weekdays when we have a joint of meat she has the meat too, or spaghetti bol she loves that,:)
lunch times she will have ham if I do ham sarnies. And once a week she has tinned pilchards or sardines in tom sauce, and tinned red salmon (she dislikes the pink)

The vet when I rang back yesterday said - thats whats keeping her going the quallity and quanity of the food due to her kidneys actually giving up, instead of her body "eating" her rescources to keep her going she is using the fuel from the food does that make sense to anyone?

dinahsmum
29-04-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm sure Cleo's regime is just right for her. Even without the kidney issues she wouldn't appreciate huge meals at her time of life

Kazz
29-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm sure Cleo's regime is just right for her. Even without the kidney issues she wouldn't appreciate huge meals at her time of life

Yes you're possibly right, little and often being the key I think, SPOILT maybe. :roll: maybe.:roll: She does almost nothing during the day but is anything but chubby.:? I imagine I am fussing over nothing.

Moli
29-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Mine have biscuits down all day, and get a pouch of meat in the evenings, except Chancer, who has chicken when the dogs have their dinner at 5....

dandysmom
29-04-2007, 04:04 PM
The snacks I mentioned aren't really very large: about a tablespoon of moist food with some dry sprinkled over it! I'm trying to get her to eat moist only, as I'm convinced the dry caused her bout of cystitis; however she really loves the dry and looks at me with, as you said, "those eyes"... :roll:

Soupie
29-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Pousse has royal canin down all the time and gets one pouch at 6.30am, half a pouch put down as I leave for work about 7.30am, half a pouch when I get in about 6/6.30 and a pouch at bedtime as she likes to eat in the night :roll:

tilly
29-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Buster and tilly get fed am when I get up which varies but is usually betwen 7.30-9.30am Buster get a pouch of senoir food or dry and Tilly gets a pouch of sensitivty control or a can of d/d
they get the same in the evening about 7.30

Sally

Tanya
29-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow, Cleo eats alot .... but now I dont sound so bad giving Oli food on demand (all day & night! :roll: )

EmmaG
29-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Four meals a day for my two :)

Pouch (between two of them) 5.55 am
small amount of dry food 7am

small amount of dry food 5pm
pouch (between two of them) 9pm

:)

Kazz
29-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Wow, Cleo eats alot .... but now I dont sound so bad giving Oli food on demand (all day & night! :roll: )
For a 24 year old cat she eats loads.....:-D

Animagus
30-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Cj & Smudge have biscuits down all day and get 1 tin between them either in the morning before I leave for work or at tea time when I get in..