PDA

View Full Version : Can you guess the good news???

alexgirl73
25-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Can you???:lol:

Fran
25-04-2007, 08:37 PM
:smt017 :smt017 :smt017

the rescue work??

Moli
25-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Teddies tum has settled down...?

Mags
25-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I'll go with what Fran has said too! :lol:

alexgirl73
25-04-2007, 08:42 PM
10/10 to Pat lol!!! When I went in to the vets on monday to get more hills wet food from the vet, we discussed what to do next with her. He suggested I stop giving her all the supplements is the metronidazole, the promax, the canikur and the diar-eze and just see how she went with the food! 3 days later and no signs of any runs at all WOO HOO!!!!! Obviously her poos aren't what you would call completely normal, but they are definitely poos and not puddles and she is doing without medication which is a big plus point. So we've to continue like this for a month and tehn we'll see if she can handle a small amount of a quality cat food, if not then hills id wet for life!!

Mags
25-04-2007, 08:45 PM
That's great news Alex, poor little girl has been on so much medication lately that this will be a big step forward in the right direction for her.....:D

Keep us updated on her progress Alex!;)

Moli
25-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Brilliant news Alex, so pleased she seems to be responding now..fingers and toes crossed it continues...

Fran
25-04-2007, 08:50 PM
That's brilliant news Alex!! :D I'm soooo pleased :D

borderdawn
25-04-2007, 09:10 PM
FAB!
Dawn.

charliebubs
25-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Woo Hoo for Teddie!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

That is fantastic news, Alex. Give the little furbabe a hug from me for doing so well!!!!! :):):)

alexgirl73
25-04-2007, 09:41 PM
as she's sitting on my knees, consider her duly hugged Charlie lol!

Thanks all

Elaine
25-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Brilliant news Alex, hope it all goes well for her xxx

Kazz
25-04-2007, 10:05 PM
What excellent excellent news.....:) .......really really pleased......excellent news :)

alexgirl73
25-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Are you pleased then Kazz lol!!!! I know how you feel though, she seems to be doing so well and her coat has gone really soft and fluffy too!

dandysmom
25-04-2007, 11:36 PM
What brilliant news! Made my day, Alex...woohoo!!!!!

dinahsmum
26-04-2007, 08:39 AM
This is such good news - I'm sitting here with a big grin. Fingers crossed that it stays as good or, even better, improves.
It's sooo like Katie's cat - getting older/stronger/whatever seemed to allow him to 'grow away from' the problem. He's never had a relapse.
Fingers crossed that Porsha may go the same way (and if the relatively small Catsey community knows of 3 cases, shouldn't vets be more aware and counsel the 'in the absence of any specific cause, treat the cat with tlc and see if it will get better naturally in time' approach?)

alexgirl73
26-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm so pleased that I have cheered a large number of people up lol! I quite agree with you DM! Too many vets don't seem to have the time to be bothered with a 'problem' cat when the don't know whats wrong and either keep them on unnecessary medication or have them pts!

I have everything crossed for Fran and Porsha too! xx

Fran
26-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks DM & Alex, well after the last bout (when I was feeling desperate about it all) there hasn't been any further episodes (touch wood :roll: ) Her poos are never 'normal' always very soft but at least the incontinence of liquid faeces has stopped. I have withdrawn all food except Royal Canin biscuits and occasional supercat biscuits, she is miffed that she no longer has wet food and I feel mean feeding the others wet food whilst not allowing her any but I do think keeping her bowels to the same regime every day helps keep her 'normal' So all raw feeding has stopped, no sardines, tuna, no tinned cat meat, Natures Menu no nothing and she is very annoyed about this :roll:

I hope it's onwards and upwards for both of us now Alex. I personally cant' rest, I'm always waiting for the next episode. I can't identify a trigger, the episodes just seem to come out of nowhere :?

I really hope that little Teddie has seen the last of her troubles now Alex and that big corner has been turned and she can start to enjoy a life free of tummy troubles x

alexgirl73
26-04-2007, 09:29 AM
It's very strange how Porsha can be ok on the biscuits while Teddie can't, but can't take the wet food while Teddie can!!! I know what you mean about not resting though Fran. I think there is a good chance I'll be checking on Teddies litter tray deposits for a very long time to come, and while I'm so chuffed about how well she is doing just now. I know it could all change with her tomorrow.

I second your sentiments wholheartedly about onwards and upwards though. Here's very much hoping! ((hugs))

Animagus
26-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Alex ... that is fantastic news am so glad that things are going well for Teddie xxxx