PDA

View Full Version : Whisky update, panic over

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 05:10 AM
So sorry to worry you all lastnight:oops:

Finally, at 5am this morning, Whisky came back, the kittens had been left for over 7hrs:shock:

I eventually got through to a vet,
They told me that I should only hand feed if I have to, so to wait until th morning, which is why I am here now.

So panic over everyone, thanx for not thinking I'm a nit,
my girls back and the kittens seem to be doing fine:D

Fran
25-04-2007, 06:35 AM
This is just the news I was wanting to hear ;) So glad the panic is over and all's well again :D

alexgirl73
25-04-2007, 07:48 AM
oh thank heavens! Hopefully all will be none the worse for their adventure! You get some sleep now.

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Shes home now, that the main thing,
I wont be letting her out again for a while now, can't be doing all that again,
won't be good for the kittens to leave them so long at such a young age either;)

Moli
25-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Great news, pleased the kittens have mum back, and you can get some much need sleep now..

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Great news, pleased the kittens have mum back, and you can get some much need sleep now..

I wish:lol:

Not going to happen with 2 kids under 5

dinahsmum
25-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Goodness - what a night. I'm quite relieved I didn't know about this as it happened - I would have been worried for you.
Can you find any reason why she might have gone? Do you think she's not really very mumsy and the babies were 'doing her head in'? Others with more experience will be able to tell you better but maybe you should get some substitute milk/feeders in, just in case? And maybe look to wean them as early as you can? Don't take my word for that; it's just me mumbling/thinking out loud. Smudgley/other clever/experienced people will be ble to give you more advice.

Anyway - have a bit of a sleep and let us know how things are going later.

sarahd
25-04-2007, 08:53 AM
glad to hear everything is back to normal and Whisky is back.
Get some Simicat in from the vets just in case.

Sarah
x

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 08:56 AM
glad to hear everything is back to normal and Whisky is back.
Get some Simicat in from the vets just in case.

Sarah
x

Im picking up supplies this morning, cant be too careful.

I cant explain why she went wondering, shes been excellent with the kittens:?

sarahd
25-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Like the others said maybe she wanted a little bit of me time and then once outside maybe she got waylaid.
But she is back now and thats the main thing.
Like the vet said though try not to intervene with hand feeding unless absolutely necessary. You want mum to continue feeding the kittens for as long as possible.

Sarah
x

Het
25-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Posted this on your other thread but then found this one after I had posted it...desks full of work are so distracting:roll:
Anyhow, when Jazz had her kittens, she did something similar...just vanished for hours. Came back with a big fat mouse which she gave to 1 week old kittens. So I think perhaps it could be that they get the urge to provide food, no matter how well you are feeding them or how young the kittens are. She continued to do this until they were weaned.

Sweet
25-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh MY what a night for you.......so glad its all ok today ((((((hugs)))))) x

Erin
25-04-2007, 11:00 AM
im so glad shes home clair :)

Mags
25-04-2007, 11:58 AM
It was such a relief to read your post this morning Clair, so pleased Whiskey found her way home albeit late and worrying us all!:D

How are the kittens this morning after the ordeal?

As others have said, get some supplies in in case of another emergency........hopefully you won't need to use them;)

Try to get some rest today ......if your youngsters will allow it;)

Please keep us updated how things are with mum and kittens:D

Donna
25-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Missed all the worry last night, but glad she has come back and the kittens are fine x

dandysmom
25-04-2007, 04:11 PM
What a relief! She had us all on tenterhooks last night!!! Tell her not to do that again!!! :-D

Jac
25-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I too missed all this last night. I'm so glad that she's back home.
Just a thought, you dont think she's in call again do you? :shock: Could she so soon after having kittens? I dont know about that side of things.

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 06:51 PM
just to, let u all no the kittens are fine, thankfully:D

I think I know why she was 'hideing', theres a cat the was harrassing her a while back, whisk was terrified, wouldnt leave the house,
well, I saw that same cat wondring around my garden today, around my back door:?
I think that cat mite of scared her off lastnite and whisk was waiting for it to go as she won't leave the house today.

atleast shes back now, thats the main thing:D

Fran
25-04-2007, 06:53 PM
So glad she is back home with her babies and all is well :cool:

Animagus
26-04-2007, 12:16 PM
well I missed all the hoo haa over missing mummy but am glad she came back... mabe she just needed a wee bit of me time.....