PDA

View Full Version : help, whiskys gone missing

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:07 PM
what am I to do, Im in a panic,
she got out when I was letting seren out, shes been gone 2 hours, kittens are stirring,
Help, someone, I don't no what to do, Ive searched the street so many times,
the kittens:cry:

Moli
24-04-2007, 11:13 PM
She will come back to her kittens, probably just wanted to go for a stroll, no point in telling you not to worry, because you will, we all worry about our cats...

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:14 PM
She will come back to her kittens, probably just wanted to go for a stroll, no point in telling you not to worry, because you will, we all worry about our cats...

are you sure, im not to sure, kittens are going mad and shes still gone

Mags
24-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Try not to panic she will most likely come back for her kittens shortly....

This link will help you if she remains missing.......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

If she doesn't turn up tonight, you could phone the emergency vet to get their advice about the kittens...

Good luck.....

Fran
24-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Firstly, stay calm, you won't help matters getting all upset. Is she used to going out? I mean before she had the kittens? If so at least she'll know her way around and I'm sure she'll come back as mummy cats seem to know when to return to their babies. Go and call her, rattle the food tins, she must be getting hungry by now, lactating queens demand so much food that I am sure it won't be long before she is home now...Try not to panic just yet

Please let us know what's happening

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:21 PM
just been out again, took the torch, probably woke half the street up,
shes still gone, oh god, Im so worried

Mags
24-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Is she used to going outdoors?

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Is she used to going outdoors?

yes, but she never wonders far, always in calling distance

Moli
24-04-2007, 11:26 PM
How old are the kittens??

Mags
Try rattling her food tin or her dish, she will recognise that......

cc22peatree
How old are the kittens??

4 days:shock:

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:34 PM
does anyone no how to hand feed kittens?
how long each feed should be apart?
what I need to feed them?
cant get hold of the vet
its been 2 1/2 hrs now

Fran
24-04-2007, 11:40 PM
OK, I have no experience of hand raising kittens only puppies but they need feeding every two hours. You cannot give them cows milk so you need to get a formula milk like Cimicat or the Royal Canin baby milk for them and you need a special feeding bottle/teat or a syringe. Have you got all these in on standby?

I wouldn't panic just yet and go all in to hand rear them but certainly if mum isn't back within the next few hours you will need hydrate them with boiled glucose water if nothing else. Try not to panic just yet, mum could come waltzing in at anytime. Is she used to going outdoors?? and have you got a catflap for her to acess thehouse?

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:43 PM
She is used to going out,
no cat flap, but i wont sleep until shes home.
I don't have anything on standby, I can't get hold of the vet either,
Its not looking good, she never wonders, i think shes abandoned them?
why would she of done this?

Moli
24-04-2007, 11:45 PM
She is used to going out,
no cat flap, but i wont sleep until shes home.
I don't have anything on standby, I can't get hold of the vet either,
why would she of done this?Is there not an emergency vet on call at night?

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Is there not an emergency vet on call at night?

should be, but no one is answering the phone

Fran
24-04-2007, 11:49 PM
why would she of done this?

How has she been with the babies? Has she been a good mummy to them? I really don't think she will have abandoned them, more likely out hunting to bring them some tasty food home :roll:

Moli
24-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Could you try another vet?

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Could you try another vet?

I live in the middle of nowhere, not many vets, they all join together, if you see what I mean:(

shes been a good mum, but today, when they had fed she'd move away from them?!

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:52 PM
should I phone the R.S.P.C.A?

Erin
24-04-2007, 11:52 PM
im sure she will come back soon clair,i know this must be a real worry for you.

i would still ring around other vets someone will be able to help you

Fran
24-04-2007, 11:53 PM
The babies will be ok for a few hours without food. Keep trying the vets and keep calling Whiskey. Rattle the food tins, put the litter tray outside so she can scent her way home. If you think she is in the near vicinity, you could try wrapping one of the babies up very warm and letting it cry outside the back door that may get her to come running. Do make sure the baby is is well wrapped up though, last thing you need is a baby with a chill

cc22peatree
24-04-2007, 11:59 PM
just been out again, still no sign
I dont think she's comming back:cry:

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Oh, its all my fault:cry:

Fran
25-04-2007, 12:03 AM
just been out again, still no sign
I dont think she's comming back:cry:

Of course she is coming back! Try not to get too worked up. Try taking the baby outside as I suggested and see if she comes when she hears it cry, make sure it's well wrapped up. She may have got into someone's house or outbuilding and be stuck there until morning. I can see no reason at all why she wouldn't come back. She is probably just having some 'me' time away from the babies.

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 12:05 AM
But what if she doesnt come back!
I took the kitten outside, no sign:cry:

Fran
25-04-2007, 12:11 AM
But what if she doesnt come back!
I took the kitten outside, no sign:cry:

There is no reason why she shouldn't come back. Even if she has abandoned the babies which is unlikely she would still come home. Try not to worry at this stage. Keep trying the vets, the main thing at the minute is that you have supplies in incase you have to hand rear them..

cc22peatree
25-04-2007, 12:25 AM
I know my girl, she aint comming back:cry:

why would she do this

Fran
25-04-2007, 12:37 AM
I know my girl, she aint comming back:cry:

why would she do this

Pregnancy and kittens can cause all sorts of strange behaviours in queens, hormones are running rife. She hasn't been gone that long so she can't be that far away. Keep doing what you are doing and hopefully by morning she will be back home. You do need to speak to a vet and get some feeding equipment in incase you have to hand rear the babies. Good luck, I'm off to bed now but will be back on first thing in the morning hopefully to news that Whisky is home x

Erin
25-04-2007, 12:39 AM
She will be back clair,like it has already been said she is probably just have some time to her self,have you got through to any vets yet?

dandysmom
25-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Clair, I'm so sorry to hear this; hope and pray she'll be back soon! (((hugs)))

Het
25-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Has she come back?

Jazz did a similar thing when she had her kittens, she came back with a mouse! I think that perhaps they have an urge to hunt for the kittens, no matter how well fed you keep them or how young the kittens are. She did it when they were about a week old, and she carried on doing it.

Het
25-04-2007, 10:35 AM
sorry...just read you update post...doh!!! Thats what happens when you're supposed to be working but looking at Catsey as well:roll: