PDA

View Full Version : Fussy eater....

Tanya
21-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Yet again Oli is being really fussy with his food.

He has now gone off Whiskas- the tins with jelly and the expensive pouches, Felix - as good as it looks pouches (gone through them all) and the tins with jelly, Tesco Premium cuts pouches in gravy, Lidls food!!

I have tried fish and meat, jelly and gravy .... he gets bored so easily.

He still eats biscuits, but not many.

Any suggestions, to what food I can give him?

Thanks Tanya x

charliebubs
21-04-2007, 08:51 PM
My cats are similar - they seem to go off one type of food after a while, so I swap and change to keep them interested. I know that might not work for some cats' digestive systems though!

Have you tried something like Natures Menu with a high meat content? :)

dandysmom
21-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Have you tried giving him some home-cooked chicken or poached fish ? I can't do it with Leia, who doesn't like people food. She goes off her favorites every so often,,,she's really annoyed that the pouches with the gravy were on the pet food recall list. They certainly can be picky and worry us, can't they?

Fran
21-04-2007, 09:43 PM
All I can suggest is that you keep trying different brands until you find something he does like. I agree with Charlie r.e. the natures menu, my fussy eater loves it :) Have you tried feeding him the more premium type foods like Royal Canin or Hills biscuits??

Tanya
21-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Oli has Royal Canin biscuits and these are available for him all day. He doesn't really eat many, thats why I want to find meat that he enjoys aswell.

I regularly give him tuna or cooked chicken to ensure that he has plenty of variety.

Any ideas where I could buy natures menu meat? I assume that its not available in Tescos and ADSA etc?!

Thanks

Fran
21-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Any ideas where I could buy natures menu meat? I assume that its not available in Tescos and ADSA etc?!

Thanks

PAH sell it. Some of our local petshops sell it too.

Animagus
22-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Hmmm mines do that but I just persevere as they eventually eat it when they get hungry enough lol

Tanya
22-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks for everybodies suggestions!:D

Im going shopping tomorrow, so will get some food then. Very oddly, today Oli has been eating Whiskas!:roll:

charliebubs
22-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I think you can get Natures Menu at Tesco now too, Tanya. Although I think they have it priced quite high!! :roll:

Tanya
22-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks Charlie. :D

Rosie
25-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Hmmm mines do that but I just persevere as they eventually eat it when they get hungry enough lol

Totally agree - I do give my two a varied diet but if they pull their nose up then I just leave it and either the other cat or my dog will eat it. It doesn't take long to cotton on that if they leave their food there will not be anything else until the next meal. Little Alfie tried it for a couple of days then gave in;)

Fran
25-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Totally agree - I do give my two a varied diet but if they pull their nose up then I just leave it and either the other cat or my dog will eat it. It doesn't take long to cotton on that if they leave their food there will not be anything else until the next meal. Little Alfie tried it for a couple of days then gave in;)

Trouble is you can't do that with Siamese, if they don't like/don't want a certain food then they will literally starve themselves, so whilst I adopt the attitude eat it or starve with my moggies to a degree, I cannot do this with the meezers..I am sure there are also other breeds that are like this too and indeed some moggies