PDA

View Full Version : pregnant cats.

smudgley
20-04-2007, 06:55 PM
As you know we have had a few pregnant cats in the branch recently.
But this week it seems to have gone mad with pregnant ones & young litters being found.
Today alone I had 3 messages of pregnant cats and one of a young stray who had given birth this morning.
We can't take them all in.... it's really sad. :(

Mags
20-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh dear Smudgley, that is sad :( When are people going to learn? :mad:

What will happen to the ones you don't have room for?

alexgirl73
20-04-2007, 07:20 PM
That is so sad to hear Smudgley! Poor babies x

Erin
20-04-2007, 07:35 PM
aww how sad :(

smudgley
20-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh dear Smudgley, that is sad :( When are people going to learn? :mad:

What will happen to the ones you don't have room for? :smt102

We will prioritise them & bring in the ones we can who need us most, ie if they are outdoors etc. One man is willing to look after the litter when the cat has them, then we will just provide him with a kitten pen & food & litter. One lady is keeping them over the weekend until we can bring them into a spare pen on Tue. not sure about the others at the mo, I still have a lady trying to catch a pregnant one - but she's been trying for 3 weeks now :roll: she was going to go into Precious & Twinkles pen (they've gone by the way) :) But I can't hold the pen any longer (it's only been empty a couple of days - but we've been expecting the cat for 3 weeks) There are 3 pregnant ones in a factory, but it's just finding the time to get there in the week when someone is there.
All we can do is take in the most urgent ones & pass on numbers of other rescue places to the other ones & add them to our waiting list, problem is once a pen is taken up by a pregnant cat - it is not free then for at least 10 weeks.

alexgirl73
20-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Makes me doubly glad that Dawn made the decision to abort the torties and the tabby and have them speyed. too many wee kitties out there already needing homes! so sad!

smudgley
20-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Makes me doubly glad that Dawn made the decision to abort the torties and the tabby and have them speyed. too many wee kitties out there already needing homes! so sad!

were they all pregnant Alex? :shock:
I must have missed that. :oops:

alexgirl73
20-04-2007, 08:27 PM
yep! All four of them were in early stages of pregnancy! Dawn didn't know what to do for the best, but in the end went ahead with the spey for them all. Deffo the best thing for them all, now they get to be kittens, not mummies!

Elaine
20-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Smudgley, do you go on Purrs at all? Maybe Teresa at Paws in could help with some of the pregnant kitties or some of the other rescues.
Just a thought.

smudgley
20-04-2007, 08:46 PM
What on earth is Purrs & paws Elaine?

Elaine
20-04-2007, 09:08 PM
It was set up after the catchat forum closed. Teresa runs a rescue called Paws Inn, I just thought if she was near enough to you that she may be able to help with some of the pregnant ones.

smudgley
20-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Great thanks Elaine - I'll go & have a look now.

I miss CC. :(

Elaine
20-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Me too:(......

borderdawn
21-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Poor poor Cats, more unwanted moggies that need homes, its so sad, as if there arent enough already.
Dawn.

smudgley
21-04-2007, 07:03 PM
One of them is in the vets having a C/S & spay but there have been complications, I'm awaiting a call from the vets as I'm not sure what's happening :roll: vets have closed now. :mad: They said they'd call me back & haven't :evil:

Another lady called me today with a pregnant stray in her garden. :(

Erin
21-04-2007, 07:14 PM
One of them is in the vets having a C/S & spay but there have been complications, I'm awaiting a call from the vets as I'm not sure what's happening :roll: vets have closed now. :mad: They said they'd call me back & haven't :evil:

Another lady called me today with a pregnant stray in her garden. :(

oh i hope everything is ok smudgley,naughty vet not calling you back!!!!!!

smudgley
21-04-2007, 07:21 PM
They were quick enough to call me ealier to ask if we'd pay for it! :evil:

Erin
21-04-2007, 07:22 PM
They were quick enough to call me ealier to ask if we'd pay for it! :evil:

typical, never to much to make a call when there is money involved :roll: :evil:

Animagus
21-04-2007, 08:02 PM
I hope everything works out for all the poor cats and their litters.. I wish ppl would be more responsible.

If I had the time and money I would try doing something myself unfortunately the finances and space are not available....