PDA

View Full Version : Misty - tummy and brain questions!!!

Donna
20-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Misty is still eating grass/throwing up saliva and fur - which I now understand is the correct thing to do, but I am a bit concerned that there will be fur that doesnt get thrown up and staying in her tummy.

Is there anything food wise/supplements I can give her to help move fur that wont come up to go downwards??

Also, after another event with her (after getting lost) I have decided I might keep her as a house cat. She went out for about five minutes and then came back with no collar :roll: . Is this cruel as she is used to going outside? I also question her ability to manage to come and go (like Chloe does) without her coming to some harm.

I know this sounds really silly, but can cats be lacking in the brains department?? I know humans all have different levels of intelligence - can cats be the same??

I dont think she is sensible/clever enough to go outside - or am I being paranoid :oops:

EmmaG
20-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Catalax should do the trick with the fur :)

Well as you know I keep both of mine in when we are working/not here and they only go outside when we are about. They are both use to it and seem very happy :)

Donna
20-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Misty only goes outside when I am at home, but she still manages to get herself into situations. Just not sure I can trust her outside at all...

Kay
20-04-2007, 06:22 PM
All 9 of mine are indoor cats and are fine with that. As she has been outside it might take her a little while to settle but cats are very adaptable. As for cats having little or no brains you should meet my Tate. He is really thick, beautiful but a real bimbo. He rolls of windowsills and lands on his back, not feet, and just lies there with a daft expression on his face. He runs into doors and then 5 mins later does it again. He cries at the only empty food bowl in the room and then when you fill it he eats out of one of the others. The only thing he gets right consistently is father lovely babies, bless him.

dandysmom
20-04-2007, 11:42 PM
A petroleum based laxative will help her pass any fur still in her system...here in the States I use Petromalt... and yes, cats do seem to have grades of intelligence: my Siamese and Aby would have probably tested out on a human IQ scale at 130 or near...brightest cats I've ever lived with...most of mine are or have been just normally smart cats. been lucky never to have lived with a slightly retarded one!

Fran
21-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I give mine tuna in oil every now and then to help with furball issues. Regarding keeping her as a house cat, you'll have to see how you get on with it. I know how difficult it was to keep Clooney in after his bath until the show and it was only a couple of days. He drove me potty :roll: and the other issue I would have is, Clooney doesn't like to use the litter trays.
In answer to cats' intelligence, I would say yes they vary greatly in their levels of intelligence ;)

Donna
21-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the replies. Think I will try the tuna in oil as I am off to the supermarket later.

As regards keeping her in - I will see how it goes - I am just too worried to let her out...