PDA

View Full Version : Kitten proofing home

Lena
19-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I got a big delivery from Pet Planet this morning, including the carrier Fran recommended - great big thanks for that, it's lovely! But after a joyful afternoon of assembly and toy testing, I've realised I need to do some kitten proofing in the kitchen.

I have an L-shaped kitchen where the appliances are quite a bit narrower than the spaces they are in. This means there's plenty of space for a kitten to wander behind the washing machine, fridge and one section of the units. Am I being overly cautious thinking this is a problem?

My sister's cats (siamese) like to chew on leads and wires so she's got all sorts of contraptions to protect them. Does anyone know if birmans have such a perversion?

I'm going to see the little one next week, will post some photos then!

Animagus
19-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Hmmm not sure about that one Lena but I would probably fill in the gaps if it were me ......(Just in case)

hope you come up with a solution xxxx

charliebubs
19-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Siamese are known for their strange eating habits!! They have been known to eat fabric and wool etc too :shock:

I'm not sure that any other breed has the same characteristic, but I think it's better to be safe and block off any gaps and holes. Kittens will be kittens and are bound to want to explore!!!

Can't wait to see the little babe. :)

Hreow
23-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Do your best to block them off. Just in case they look interesting. :-) You don't want your kitten (even if not trapped or chewing wires) somewhere where you can't get at them without major haulage.... :grin:

Lena
24-04-2007, 09:23 AM
My kitten has grown into a hyperactive rebel!! While the other kittens played prettily and then retired for a nap, my kitten climbed up a chest of drawers, got stuck between a radiator and window cill and jumped on the other kittens when they were trying to sleep. She seemed to have a great time, the other kittens didn't appear overly impressed with her antics though.

So yes, I'll block up every nook, cranny and hole, make the staircase a bit safer and buy a truckload of toys! Now, let me see how I can post a picture here..

Fran
24-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Sounds like you are in for loads of fun and mischief Lena :-D