PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

Rosie
19-04-2007, 11:57 AM
For those of you who have more than 2 cats how did you decide on which sex to get. I have a 9 year old female and a 1 year old male. Who would be less likely to get on - another female or another male? (we are talking moggies here by the way)

dinahsmum
19-04-2007, 12:04 PM
i *think* male cats are simpler characters than females and a neutered male would fit better, but I will admit to being a fan of soppy boys! :)

smudgley
19-04-2007, 01:11 PM
All girls in our house!

Fran
19-04-2007, 01:13 PM
6 girls 3 boys here! I think that once neutered it makes little difference really...Do let us know how you get on!

charliebubs
19-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I have 3 girls and one boy at the moment.

I have had 3 girls and 3 boys at one time though and that worked well too.

I think it depends more on the personality of the cat rather than the sex, if they are laid back then it should work out. :)

Keep us posted if you get another one!!!

Elaine
19-04-2007, 01:26 PM
I think it depends more on the personality of the cat rather than the sex, if they are laid back then it should work out. :)

Keep us posted if you get another one!!!

Agree with that but you should also take your own cats personalities into consideration too.
Havent had too much experience with females apart from the Diva and it took me 6 months to integrate Bernie into HER house.
I think sometimes it is a selfish thing we do, by taking on more cats under the guise of them needing a companion when ultimately its us that want more cats:lol: . I dont want that to sound like a critisism. Sometimes the cats are just fine as they are and we read too much into what we feel their needs are when it is our needs that are making the decisions if you get what I mean.
I know I would certainly have more if I had the room and the Diva were more accepting.

Rosie
19-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I have no intention of getting another one in the immediate future but when getting Alfie I stipulated it must be a male as I though with Rosie being female it would gell better so wondered how all you multi-cat households managed - obviously very well:p

kado
19-04-2007, 02:40 PM
3 neutered boy and one spayed females and she is the boss of everybody in the household especially at 1oclock this morning when she decided to want to play.

TIGS
19-04-2007, 02:44 PM
i have 2 males and get on brilliantly.
tigs is nearly 9 months & shadow is 10 wks.maybe the age gap worked :)
i have only had shadow for 2 wks yet they have become so close.:)

alexgirl73
19-04-2007, 03:36 PM
2 boys and 1 girl here! The two boys get on brilliantly together, Teddie gets on well with Cooper but she and Broxi generally avoid each other, except for the occasional lick lol!

Moli
19-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Mine are all boys, like DM I am also a fan of soppy boys....never had a girl cat.

Animagus
19-04-2007, 04:00 PM
2 boys here ... and they get on pretty well smudge is 1 in a week and cj is almost 2 they were hammer and tongs to start with they are more indoorsy cats than outdoorsy cats so when they do go out they stick togetherlike bruvs..

My mum has 3 females and they all go about their own business quite the thing.... ignoring each other except mother lol (all Neutered and Spayed)

Dearster
19-04-2007, 04:50 PM
We have 5 Girls and 1 Boy, Seem to be getting on fine together, until they get hungry then they have a few scraps with each other.

Kazz
19-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Hiya
I can't say never had more than two cats at the same time. However I would say I think I go with DM I would get another boy as long as neutured/spayed no problem but personality wise if I had introduced another cat to my two it would have been a Tom as Cleo is a pure female and kinda "bossy" whereas Oz was so laid back he was horizontal anything for a quiet life. But personality says a lot although as your girl has already accepted one kitten she may eb very easy going.

Karen