PDA

View Full Version : Kitties all gone!

alexgirl73
18-04-2007, 09:16 PM
My lovely tortie girls have been taken by Dawn today! She also took the little tabby who has been about for the last month or so too!:D They are all booked in to be speyed tomorrow and then taken to their new home in stables to recover. I'm very sad to see them go after so long, but delighted that they will have a lovely place to call home. Dawn was absolutely fab, nutty as a fruit cake mind you:lol: , but very lovely.

dandysmom
18-04-2007, 09:21 PM
A happy ending! May they live long and prosper in their new home!! :D

mable1718
18-04-2007, 09:22 PM
may they have a nice new life in there new home

Mags
18-04-2007, 09:29 PM
It was your concern over the little ones that gave them a chance of a better life Alex.....well done! That's 4 more kitties who are no longer homeless:D

Well done to Diddydawn for all her efforts too!

I love happy endings!! :lol:

yola
18-04-2007, 10:28 PM
That's a happy ending :D Of course you're sad to see them go but they are going to have a great life scampering around stables and barns now :D

Moli
18-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Give yourself a huge pat on the back Alex, they will have a lovely life now, and all the mice they can catch!

alexgirl73
18-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Thank you all, I know what you are saying, but I'm missing them already lol! I went out the back door to put something in the bin and automatically put my foot out to stop Stripey coming in the door!!! Going to take some getting used to them not being there. Had a message from Dawn to say they have all had something to eat and are all chilled out. Stripey is a whingebag lol, but hopefully all will go smoothly at the vets tomorrow. She will let me nkow how they get on and when they're in their new home.

dandysmom
18-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Aww, bless you for caring, Alex! So many people would have done nothing !

Elaine
18-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Dont be too sad Alex, they have only left to make room for any other strays in your area to come by.
Dawn is a lunatic but she has a very good heart on her.

Liz
19-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Takes one to know one Elaine!

Alex they will now have a wonderful life and you can put the sign back up good food here and see who else comes on by

Rosie
19-04-2007, 11:42 AM
My personal opinion is that is a perfect life for a cat. There are bound to be mice to chase and lots and lots of lovely warm snoozing places and complete freedom. Lucky little cats.

Jac
19-04-2007, 12:14 PM
What a great ending! Well done Alex. Now you will just have to find that note saying all welcome!!!! I'm sure a cat has written one somewhere in your garden:-D

dinahsmum
19-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Bon voyage girls - the minor tummy ache today will be recompensed by a life of freedom and mousing!

Elaine
19-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Just saw Dawns poat on Purrs Alex. Those kitties are gorgous. You do realise Dawn is struggling to give them up now as she has fallen in love with them:D .
They'll be just fine at the stables though. Bless those wee beauties. xxx

alexgirl73
19-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Liz - no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!!!! I'm feeding no-one else lol! It's too heartbreaking when I can't keep them!

Jac - I have been hunting but can't find that notice, I agree with you there has to be one somewhere!

Elaine - I know, poor Dawn!! I know wherever they end up they'll be very happy (though I'm sure Dawns lap would be most comfortable lol)

Animagus
19-04-2007, 03:49 PM
What a great ending to a tail of a few kitties lol. am glad they are all going to grow up free to wander and play without having to be unloved and caught in the family way

Have fun little ones xxxxxx

alexgirl73
19-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Just read a message from Dawn. All four girls are now neutered, all four girls were in early stages of pregnancy!!!! Dawn made the very difficult decision, which I fully support, to have them done anyway. They were all too young to be having babies, and this way they can enjoy life to the full as the kittens they are. I do feel so sorry for having put Dawn in that very difficult situation, but on the other hand I'm so glad they have all been done and are on their way to a new home, rather than staying here and all four having kittens at the same time! Enjoy your new lives babies xx

Kazz
19-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Jezzz Alex can you imagine four cats havign kitten you would be over run soon. Well done Dawn.

Karen

alexgirl73
19-04-2007, 06:13 PM
it would have been horrific wouldnt it Kzz! so much better for them this way!

alexgirl73
19-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Dawn is hoping to take some pics of the girls in their new home, so if she does I will try and post them on here.

Elaine
19-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Poor babies. Alex there is one horny Tom in your area, if you see him, give Dawn another call and she'll get him in for the chop too:lol: .
Dont you feel bad about anything Alex, you did good by those wee kitties and soon they will be enjoying country life with no worry of endless kittens or busy roads.
I know Dawn wouldnt want you feeling bad, I think she feels bad enough for the whole cat population as it is;)

alexgirl73
19-04-2007, 08:17 PM
The weird thing is Elaine, I have 3 Black and white toms that come into my garden!! One old fella is really beat up, filthy, covered in cuts and only has half a tail, can't get near him for love nor money (or any of them for that matter). Another who is cleaner looking with a whole tail, and yet another who is very similar. So any of them could be the culprit, or all of them!! Hopefully all the other female cats in the area are protected and I'll have no more visitors!

Elaine
19-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Do you think the Toms are feral? Or do they belong to some one?

alexgirl73
19-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I dunno! I definitely think the one with half a tail is, he's so battered and scruffy looking, but as for the other two I don't have a clue.

borderdawn
19-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Great news and well done Dawn for helping.
Dawn.

alexgirl73
20-04-2007, 08:09 AM
All the girls are in their new home now. Dawn took them up there last night so that they can recover there. She said all came out of the cage and had something to eat with no problems at all. So I'm sure they'll spend today lounging about and making occasional reccies of their new environment lol! She forgot her camera (doh) so when she goes back in a few days to check on them she'll take some pics then.

dinahsmum
20-04-2007, 08:15 AM
This is an even better ending than we thought - just imagine if the cycle of kittens after kittens after kittens had not been broken
Well done all concerned for their efforts here.