PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Up Internet Browsers Loading Times

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:18 PM
By carrying out these few tweaks on your internet browser either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox you can get images, and entire webpages loading at lightning speeds.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/71788/Lightning_Fast_Browsing_Trick_For_Internet_Explore r_And_Firefox.html

Pretty easy to understand, just click cancel if any popups come up, just follow the instructions.

Just did it to my own computer, and going to do it on my mums later, works fine.

Sweet
17-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Eh? hes only just moved in and hes taken over already! x

tut! Sons x

dandysmom
17-04-2007, 09:23 PM
This sounds interesting, but does it work if you have dial-up, which I do? Also, I have an E-Mac, and use Firefox. I'm completely non-techy!!

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Not sure whether it works on dial up, Yea should work on the e-mac as well as its the browser and not the computer model which you are tweaking. Yea firefox it works fine, thats what i use.

alexgirl73
17-04-2007, 09:26 PM
well, not much good to me is it!!! I'm on dial up and it's to tweak for broadband! Huh! These know it alls that join and get our hopes up just to dash them again! lol!

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Just a question why hav'nt some of you got broadband, just as cheap, quicker and frees up landline phone. Win Win Situation, went through with this with my mum for ages lol.

Sweet
17-04-2007, 09:29 PM
:roll: tell me about it and I live with him........but what on earth is his signature all about? x

alexgirl73
17-04-2007, 09:31 PM
I have no idea Sweet lol! And to answer the impertinent upstarts question, I don't have broadband because I can't get broadband!

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Its HTML, Thats why i asked for HTML being able to be used in signatures in the suggestions thread.

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I have no idea Sweet lol! And to answer the impertinent upstarts question, I don't have broadband because I can't get broadband!

Ah kk, is that because you live in a remote area or what?

alexgirl73
17-04-2007, 09:33 PM
nope, I have a BT pay as you go telephone line. No huge shocks every quarter that way lol!

dandysmom
17-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Just a question why hav'nt some of you got broadband, just as cheap, quicker and frees up landline phone. Win Win Situation, went through with this with my mum for ages lol.

I Don't really see any need for broadband: all I use my computer for is e-mail, Google, shopping and chatting on the forum: don't download music or movies, watch streaming video or play games. I do upload pics, but it's not all that slow; don't want the hassle of changing! You did ask! :-D

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Lol, fair enough, I download quite a bit so thats why i encouraged my mum to get broadband.

Mags
17-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Its HTML, Thats why i asked for HTML being able to be used in signatures in the suggestions thread.
You don't waste time do you!!:shock::lol:

EmmaG
17-04-2007, 09:36 PM
That URL won't work I don't think HTML is supported for signatures

VERY unlikely that Az would turn this facility "on" as it takes up a lot of bandwidth for the forums

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Nope lol, use it on some other forums i go on, makes it a bit more interesting than just straightforward words

alexgirl73
17-04-2007, 09:39 PM
nothing wrong with words! one word can paint a picture better than a photo can!

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:39 PM
That URL won't work I don't think HTML is supported for signatures

It should work as this is the entire tag: [url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/]

Ive used it before and its worked, not working at the moment because of HTML not being able to be used in signatures on here.

EmmaG
17-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Ive used it before and its worked, not working at the moment because of HTML not being able to be used in signatures on here.

see my edit

Mags
17-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Don't try to change us Dearster as we're happy as we are!;)

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Yea suppose, its quite a busy forum, so probably best not to turn it on actually.

Sweet
17-04-2007, 09:43 PM
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I was living a un complicated life on here, then he joins ~sigh~ x