View Full Version : paypal warning

CJK
17-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Thought I would post this here, it might be interesting to some members

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

charliebubs
17-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Gosh - that's frightening.

I have to say though that I use PayPal when buying/selling on eBay and have never had any problems. I do only buy/sell on a small scale though, so not like some of the people with complaints.

Perhaps they only target the businesses? :(

CJK
17-04-2007, 03:42 PM
No, they target individuals as well. they have just frozen my paypal account because I sent £50.20 to another account and they flagged it as suspicious apparantly.

I know of three other people who have had this happen in the past five weeks too.

Sweet
17-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I dont have paypal, so wouldnt know how to use it etc.... x

dandysmom
17-04-2007, 04:26 PM
I've always been reluctant to use it, and am even more so now! Thanks for posting this!!

Mags
17-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for putting people on their guard, Carly....

Jac
17-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Good one Carly, I know alot of people here use it. I can honestly say I only used it once and wasnt impressed. Never got the money for item sold on ebay:( Swore never to use it again.

yola
17-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Yup - I've been wary of it too. It just seems difficult to set up and to manage so I've never bothered. Sorry to hear you've been stung by them, Carly.

How are you anyways?

alexgirl73
17-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Never used it 'cause I don't trust buying things over the internet!

Must get my eyes checked soon though 'cause when I first saw this thread I thought it saud 'PAPAL warning' and I thought what's the pope been up to now?? lol!

Dearster
17-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Would make my life alot easier if my mum (sweet) had a paypal account as currently i have to go over my grandads if i want to buy something on the net. My hopes of her getting one have just been shattered by this thread lol....oh dear....

Fran
17-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Must get my eyes checked soon though 'cause when I first saw this thread I thought it saud 'PAPAL warning' and I thought what's the pope been up to now?? lol!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

dandysmom
17-04-2007, 09:17 PM
There was an article in the Business section of the paper recently that Google was going to set up a system similar to Paypal...I'd be very interested in that. Most of the sites I use on the Net accept credit cards, I've only used PayPal twice, reluctantly, when something I really wanted was only available that way. Had no problems, but just don't like it!

Dearster
17-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Yea quite a few of the things i want to buy on ebay are paypal only, which means i cannot buy them. Gets rather annoying

dandysmom
17-04-2007, 10:44 PM
If you see or read anything about the new Google pay system, please post it ! I will do so also.

Dearster
17-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Do you mean google checkout, if you do here is the link to information

http://checkout.google.com/buyer/tour.html

There You Go :)

dandysmom
17-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks! That's exactly what I meant! Will check it out after dinner! (I'm five hours behind you...going to go fix it now) .

Dearster
17-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Yea looks good, hopefully its better than paypal, although i also hope its as wide used as paypal, introduced into ebay etc, Then there might be a chance of mum setting up an account.

Emm
17-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I've used PayPal for quite awhile now and without PayPal I would not have been able to start my business. Like everything in life there are always going to be horror stories - but without knowing the REAL facts on all these stories I don't feel I can judge on it. Afterall there are normally three sides to a story personA account of what happened, personB account of what happened - and the truth.

If you see a website that has PayPal on it you don't need to have a paypal account to use it you can use your credit or debit card just like with any other merchant account.

The checkout with google is only available to the USA - there are no plans to extend it at the moment - although I'm pretty sure they will eventually.

So for me PayPal has been very positive it has supported a small business just starting out - unlike some of the other card processors in this country! :D

Fran
17-04-2007, 11:20 PM
I've used Paypal many, many times and never had a problem...:)

Dearster
17-04-2007, 11:20 PM
They have launched it in the UK now as well:

checkout.google.co.uk

Emm
17-04-2007, 11:34 PM
I've only just had enough time to quickly scan it but it looks just like PayPal except quite a bit more limiting - for me any way.