PDA

View Full Version : Misty is missing..

Donna
16-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Since yesterday evening. We have looked around the area and there is no sign :(

Moli
16-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Could she have got shut in a shed, or someones garage??? Its a worry, but sure she will come home soon...."Hugs"....

dinahsmum
16-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Donna - don't despair!

Here's Smudgleys 'what to do' thread http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

The weather is good - she may be hunting, or got stuck in a shed while someone was gardening yesterday.
Fingers crossed you'll be back in an hour or two telling us she's walked in starving!

Fran
16-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh dear Donna, it's been such good weather recently that she could be trapped in someone's greenhouse, shed or outbuildings. Put leaflets through all the houses on your street and surrounding streets for them to check their outbuildings. Have you phoned all the local vets/pet shops?

Fingers crossed that she returns home soon x

charliebubs
16-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh dear Donna. Have you called the local vets to see if they have her?

When one of mine went missing I spent a fortune having colour posters made up and printed and put them all around the streets and through peoples' doors and she came back three days later as if nothing had happened!!!! Little so and so.

I'm sure that Misty will turn up. Fingers crossed.

Hugs to you. xx

Mags
16-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that Donna :( Maybe this lovely weather has kept her occupied outdoors longer than usual.

If she doesn't turn up later today, check out Smudgley's sticky as to what to do to find her .......... http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

I might add that a couple of nights ago Cassie didn't come in at night, very unusual for her...... I got up at 4.00am and she still wasn't in. She eventually showed her face the next day:roll:

It is very worrying for you and I'm praying that she turns up for you as if nothing has happened .....((((hugs))))

Sweet
16-04-2007, 04:13 PM
How worrying for you.....I hope she comes home soon x

dandysmom
16-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear this; hope she shows up soon, not in the least regretful at worrying you to death!

alexgirl73
16-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Keeping everything crossed that she shows up soon Donna ((hugs))

EmmaG
16-04-2007, 05:54 PM
I am sure she will turn up Donna, try not to think the worst. Our neighbour lost their cat on Friday, it had been gone since Thursday evening, it turned up on Friday afternoon it has been in our next door neighbours garden all night. Sometimes they just enjoy the warmer weather.

Tom_J
16-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh no i hope she comes back soon

Elaine
16-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Such a worrying time for you Donna, I do hope she will be back very soon.
Try some door knocking and ask them to check their sheds/garages etc, preferably while you are there.
Fingers crossed for her safe return very soon. xxx

Donna
16-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I have been walking round my area for ages, I have leaflet dropped all around me and I have rung the vets.

Nothing.

Elaine
16-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Please dont despair Donna, I have heard of cats go missing for months then walk through the door like they have been there all along.
Still have everything crossed for her hasty return xxx

Fran
16-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Try not to panic too much Donna, I've had a cat go missing for three weeks then return, thin but happy to be home

borderdawn
16-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Sorry to be reading this Donna, Im sure she will be back soon.

Donna
16-04-2007, 08:40 PM
My daughter is so upset. She is crying all the time, which sets me off...

Kazz
16-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Its the Spring evenings I am sure she will be home soon....I know its hard not to worry. Is it possible she has been home during the night through the cat flap and you just haven't noticed being asleep. Karen

Luke
16-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Clementine dissapeared Thursday and came home sunday lunch time..i didnt worry too much, the warm weather makes the hunting instinct come a calling-don't despair just yet:)

Donna
16-04-2007, 08:43 PM
She cant use a catflap, which is why I worry she wont find her way home. She has never been clever.

Jac
16-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry I know exactly what you and your family are going through. At least you dont have a wicked stepsone so I'm sure your babie will turn up. No concilation I know but watch this space. The morning is a new day and a hungrey one:lol:

Het
16-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I am sure she will be home soon Donna, light warm nights seem to trigger something off in them. Mine have all been disappearing these last few nights. We always underestimate our cats, there is such a large part of them that is still wild, she will be fine, maybe she just lost her bearings...if only they knew how much it worried us though, these little trips of theirs.
Fingers crossed she lands back soon ....

Erin
16-04-2007, 10:00 PM
oh donna im so sorry,im sure she will turn up safe and sound xx

dandysmom
16-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Donna, now that the weather has turned nicer, do you think it might be possible that she's trying to go to her former home? Not a nice thought, sorry, but it did occur to me...hope I'm wrong!

Kim
16-04-2007, 10:33 PM
My Birman cat, also called Misty disappeared for a few days a couple of years ago. He had got in through someones cat flap while they were away and couldn't get back out. They weren't pleased with the mess when they returend but I was so relieved!

I am sure you have put posters around locally, dropped notes through doors or knocked on doors and asked people to check garages, sheds, etc. Phone local vets and RSPCA, rescue centre's etc, even a small ad in the local newspaper.

I really hope she turns up soon.

dinahsmum
17-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Donna - I hope you get good news today
Have you a litter tray with any of Misty's 'doings', of either description? If so, put some at the edges of your garden - they can smell it and sense 'home' from a long way away. might help if she's gone wandering and got disorientated.

yola
17-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Donna - you and the kids must be so, so worried. I hope you get some good news of Misty's whereabouts soon. I too think she's probably shut in somewhere, but that doesn't help much when you're worried senseless about her.

I'm thinking of you m'dear.