PDA

View Full Version : jerry has a hang over

Erin
16-04-2007, 10:19 AM
jerry goes out in the garden during the day and evening but when it starts to get dark i usually get him back in the house and lock everything up,he sits by the window or wanders round the house meowing for ages because he wants to get back out.
my oh says that im cruel and should let him out if he wants to go but im to scared hes going to wander off to far and got lost or gt "adopted"by somebody else.
Anyway jerry was still in the garden when i got back from work last night and ran up the tree as soon as he saw me :roll: so i asked my oh to sleep on the sofa so we could keep the patio door open for him through the night which he did bless him because i was worried.
I get up this morning and call jerry..........nothing:shock: ,my oh goes and has a look and cant see him or hear him either,im panicing by this point and waving a pouch of food around like mad,telling my oh that its his fault because he didnt get him in when it started to go dark,at that we hear a little moew and both turn round and theres my little boy coming out of the shed (which my oh had already checked)he rubbed across my legs looked at us both as if to say 'what'and walked very casually back into the kitchen :roll: :lol:,after his breakfast he went upstairs onto our bed and hasnt moved since bless him.
i think he has a hang over hes a little quiet!!!!!

Rosie
16-04-2007, 10:42 AM
I know my cats love to be out of warm balmy nights, that is when Rosie does most of her hunting. If your cat doesn't come in before you go to bed could you not get a cat flap at least that way your husband doesn't have to sleep downstairs and the cat doesn't have to stay out all night.

Erin
16-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I know my cats love to be out of warm balmy nights, that is when Rosie does most of her hunting. If your cat doesn't come in before you go to bed could you not get a cat flap at least that way your husband doesn't have to sleep downstairs and the cat doesn't have to stay out all night.

we will have one eventually but we havnt long braught this house and at th moment there isnt any where to put a cat flap,the back doors are patio doors so we would need to have new doors fitted.OH didnt mind at all though bless him,he sleeps on the sofa with the patio door open quiet often when its really warm :)

Sweet
16-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Mine take it in turns to refuse to come in .........last night it was Mabel, Vincent and Violet who refused.

Glad all was well when you both got up x

Rosie
17-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I know there are special cat flaps that can be fitted in glass doors and also some that can be fitted into brick walls. Check it out on the web.

Erin
17-04-2007, 11:55 AM
we havnt got any wall free :roll: and there isnt much point in putting one into the patio doors because we need new doors anyway,the runner has died on the one we have got.im not worried of him going off all night now since he was ok yesterday and in this warm weather we leave the kitchen window open so he can get in and out through that,he was out all night again last night bless him :)

Donna
17-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Glad he returned safely. Tis a worry when they wander!!