PDA

View Full Version : Flea Spot on Treatment

wanda
14-04-2007, 10:16 PM
My Smokey has always been treated with Frontline, but today a friend has told me that Bob Martin have a spot on treatment for cats, which used to be on prescription (?) but can now be bought over the counter at Pet Shops, lasts up to four months (?) and costs around £7.

I've looked at the Bob Martin web site, and yes, they do have a spot on flea treatment, but nothing to say it used to be prescription only, and anyway, I didn't think any Bob Martin products were prescription only. Has anyone tried this product, and can anyone recommend it, or at least know anything about it, or is my friend totally and completely senile!!!:? :lol:

alexgirl73
14-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I dont know about the Bob Martin one but as far as I know the Johnsons flea treatments that have come out, 4fleas, used to be under a prescription only name. I have used the 4fleas tablets for cats and found them amazing. I actually sat and watched the fleas falling off Cooper when I first brought him home and gave him it!

wanda
14-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Now that is quite interesting, as one of the Bob Martin web sites actually led you on to some Johnson products, including....yes, you've guessed, spot on flea treatment products! I wonder if that is what my friend meant. I might try it if it is as good as you say.

Thanks for that!

alexgirl73
14-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh don't do it on my say so please, lol! It won't work and then you'll blame me for trying it lol!

charliebubs
14-04-2007, 10:30 PM
I have heard from my vets that the Bob Martin stuff isn't very good, but that's only hearsay, and they could just be saying that so we buy their more expensive stuff!!! lol

smudgley
14-04-2007, 10:33 PM
As far as I know Bob Martin has never been a POM.

I wouldn't recommend using products that aren't POM for flea control as they are not effective in my opinion.

wanda
14-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I must admit, I am always a bit wary of non-vet products, but perhaps that's because I always tend to think that the vet knows best, even when I am sure they don't - if you know what I mean???!!

Fran
14-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I prefer Stronghold as it protects against ear mites too but it is only available from the vet and is quite expensive. I occasionally use Frontline but won't use any of the Johnsons/Bob Martin products as I have heard that they are a waste of money..

wanda
14-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I would never blame you I promise!!!

Animagus
18-04-2007, 05:46 PM
My Smokey has always been treated with Frontline, but today a friend has told me that Bob Martin have a spot on treatment for cats, which used to be on prescription (?) but can now be bought over the counter at Pet Shops, lasts up to four months (?) and costs around £7.

I've looked at the Bob Martin web site, and yes, they do have a spot on flea treatment, but nothing to say it used to be prescription only, and anyway, I didn't think any Bob Martin products were prescription only. Has anyone tried this product, and can anyone recommend it, or at least know anything about it, or is my friend totally and completely senile!!!:? :lol:

I have tried the Bob Martin Stuff it wasn't that good though... I use Stronghold seems to be the best as the frontline didn.t work too well either for me xx

Kim
19-04-2007, 12:13 AM
I haven't heard of 1 person who recommends Bob Martin products. I have a friend, Emma who's a vet nurse (she posts on here sometimes) and she is really anti, shop brought flea treatments. I have never tried them on my own cats. I don't de-flea mine routinely, but when I do use a flea treatment I use frontline or advantage which work well.

kado
19-04-2007, 09:52 AM
my friend uses frontline as the shop only ones dont work for her kitties. I use frontline on mine