PDA

View Full Version : Teddie

alexgirl73
14-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I wasn't going to post this, but I thought I should let you know that Teddie has gone very runny again. So much so that she has done her business in a few spots that she shouldn't have over the last few days. She is still very bright and playful, but something is obviously upsetting her tummy again:( . I'm going to speak to the vet on monday and see if he recommends tryingher on a different antibiotic. He did say that there was another they could try if the metronidazole didn't help. Also I'm going to see what he says about putting her onto the Hills id wet food,as I still believe her tummy finds it really hard to process dry food, even though that is what everyone says is the best thing for her to have. I know feeding her wet food would be a lot more expensive, but it would be worth a try don't you think? Maybe mixed with a little of the Hills id dry!

Fran
14-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh Alex, you know that I know exactly what you are going through right now. I really hoped that Teddie had turned the corner and had started to improve. Do let us know what the vet says, I'd be interested to know which alternative antibiotic he recommends and in the mean time try and keep your chin up chum although I know how easy it is to say but not so easy to do :(
Big hugs to you and Teddie Alex x

dandysmom
14-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh Alex, I'm so sorry to hear this..... things seem to have gotten a tad better..hope the vet can come up with something that will improve things! At least this vet seems to care! (((hugs))) to you both!

charliebubs
14-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Alex and have no idea what to suggest - sorry. I hope that your vet can come up with some answers on Monday.

Hugs to you and Teddie.
xx

smudgley
14-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh no. :(

Sorry to hear Teddies having trouble again. :(

Elaine
15-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Poor You and poor Teddie, I dont know what to suggest either but I do wish you both well and Fran and Porsha too. xxx

Erin
15-04-2007, 09:29 AM
oh alex im so sorry to hear this,poor teddy :(,i hope it all goes well at the vets and they can help

alexgirl73
15-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks all. It's just so damn frustrating! She has made such leaps forward and I'm petrified of her going back to the way she was, also having to watch where you step again isn't much fun either. The thing is that she's still so very bright and playful, so hopefully it will be easily stopped this time and back onto a good road!

yola
15-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Let's hope it's just a little set back Alex. With your new vet hopefully he'll be interested in expoloring a few more avenues with Teddie to see if this can be overcome.

Lots of love and luck.

Mags
15-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry to hear this Alex, I was really hoping you had turned the corner with Teddie:(
Maybe it's just a small 'hiccup', maybe she sneaked somthing to eat that she shouldn't have, maybe the warmer weather had something to do with it ........... lots of maybe's but I hope there is an easy answer to it;)

I hope the vet can get her back on the right road again... ((((hugs))))

Kazz
15-04-2007, 11:28 AM
You know I am so very very sorry to read this...I do hope the vet can sort something out - but I am with you on the dry food, Cleo as you know is remarkably healthy and always has been however her stomach cannot tolerate dry food and she too has either the runs or throws up. It took me a while to tie the two events up, as I fed the dry food in summer - and I thought she was eating something else she'd caught eventualy I stopped the dry food she has never had the problem again. So I am with you on the dry food senario being hard for tummies of SOME cats, she has the same problem with milk by the way....I hope you resolve it quickly. She is doing so well, and it must be so upsetting for you and the family.
Karen

alexgirl73
15-04-2007, 11:45 AM
I didn't know that about Cleo Kazz! It gives me something to talk to the vet about seriously then, as the old vet said I was talking rubbish when I mentioned it! Will definitely be giving the wet id a go then. Hopefully that will help. Thanks you guys! xx

Kazz
15-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Have to say though I have been "cruel" on occasions since and given her a dish of the dry food thats supposed to be kind to tummies/delicate tummies and she has gone the same way after that so it is the dry food that caused it.

And I promise you she was a younger healthier cat back then.

Karen

Moli
15-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Sorry to hear this Alex, I too hoped she was improving...

Sweet
15-04-2007, 06:27 PM
:( poor little Teddie ((((((((hugs))))))) and big ((((((hugs)))))) to you too, I hope the Vet can help x

whiskey
15-04-2007, 09:14 PM
poor teddie:( i really do hope her tummy settles soon:)

random
15-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Aww poor Teddie, you really are going through it with her, I hope her tummy settles soon. :( xXx

dinahsmum
16-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Oh Alex I'm so sorry to read this :(
You and Fran are really going through the mill at the moment and you both have my sympathy.
I hope the vet can come up with something today. Good luck

charliebubs
16-04-2007, 01:54 PM
How is Teddie today, Alex? :)

alexgirl73
16-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Went to the vets this morning and had a quick chat. Teddie is now on the hills wet food for the next few weeks (93p a tin!!!! and 1 tin per day). He adivised me to keep her on the metronidazole for this period and see if it helps her tummy digest the wet food better. So we're giving that a go. She's still very bright and playful. In fact she's just finished running all over the house chasing Cooper lol! So we'll see how the tummy reacts to the wet, fingers crossed again folks!

Mags
16-04-2007, 05:33 PM
If you don't try it you'll never know Alex, will you ......... I suppose it is a case of elimination again now....:?

I hope things improve with the Hills wet food....:cool:

Jac
16-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh flippin heck Alex. I really feel bad about the ham sandwich now. Everything seemed to be going fine till then:( .
I'll skelp her a**e whren I see her for putting you through this!! Only kiddin couldnt do that to her, she's such a dinky wee thing.
Seriously do you think it could have been the change in water or (ham)?:-D I'm more to go with the water.

charliebubs
16-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Fingers crossed for the wet food Alex. Keep us posted and lots of love and hugs to you and Teddie in the meantime. xxxx

Fran
16-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Hope the wet food helps her Alex, I sent your package today ;)
Hugs to you and Teddie x

alexgirl73
16-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Jac, don't worry about it. I don't think it was either the ham or the water lol. She had already started going a wee bit runny before I came up the road anyway! It's just the usual pattern with her. Everything goes great and then she slides way back downhill again! I'll say one thing for her, she is absolutely loving the wet food!! Licking the bowl clean and everything lol, just hope it helps her! Thanks everyone for your support, again!!

dandysmom
16-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Good news that she likes the wet food; hope once again that will settle her "innards". Poor wee Teddie! (((hugs))) to you both!

Kim
16-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm pleased she likes the wet food Alex. Let's hope she makes a speedy recovery. Poor you as I know you will be worrying again, ((hugs))

Moli
16-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Fingers crossed it works, poor girl she has been through a lot and is still a baby....

Kay
18-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Only just got on so I have missed all this. So sorry to hear about Teddie again, Alex. Hopefully this will work. Fingers crossed.

alexgirl73
18-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks Kay! So far there is some improvement, definitely a lot better than she was, so I think we may be on the right track here!

Elaine
18-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I hope the wet food makes a difference Alex, keeping everything crossed as usual for Teddie. xxx

Fran
18-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Glad there is some improvement Alex, hope it continues! x

Mags
18-04-2007, 06:03 PM
That's looking promising Alex, I hope it continues......:D

Animagus
19-04-2007, 02:02 PM
awe poor Teddie I hope that it gets much better again soon, what a shame for the poor wee thing ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

charliebubs
19-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Kay
20-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Glad Teddie is improving Alex. Fingers crossed it continues. I will have to come over and have a word with her.

Kazz
20-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Is she getting any better Alex?

alexgirl73
20-04-2007, 06:37 PM
she seems to be doing really well on this Kay! I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up yet, but looking good so far

Kay
20-04-2007, 06:45 PM
she seems to be doing really well on this Kay! I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up yet, but looking good so far

I do hope it continues for both you and Teddie.

Mags
20-04-2007, 06:57 PM
That's good news Alex, she has improved so much from a few months ago, I hope it continues... :D

dandysmom
20-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Very good news! Fingers and paws crossed that it keeps going well fr Teddie!

Erin
20-04-2007, 10:54 PM
oh thats great news Alex,i really hope this continues :)

Fran
21-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Everything crossed here Alex ;)