PDA

View Full Version : Kado beign realy naughty

kado
11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Went to the local shop which is downstairs to me to get guinness in and left the front door open and some people where passing and they said theres a cat running up stairs with something in his mouth yes i hate to say it was a bird i screamed shouted for my partner ,kado ran out and hid in the bushes batting the bird around. We tried to get the bird off him but he kept growling at us and now he has gone across the road with the bird proudley in his mouth pleased as punch. This is the first time he has done this i hope he doesnt do it again. As this as never happened to me before do they eat them or just play with them.

jane Guinness Simon Kay and bad boy Kado

Elaine
11-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Both, they play and eat them, little monkey. Might be a good idea for you to get some worming tablets out too.;)

Tom_J
11-04-2007, 09:09 PM
apparently one of my mates cats rip the heads or leave the heads lieng around. quite viciuos i think.(sorry for horrible discription and this dosn't necessarliy mean it will happen to your cats)

yola
11-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Jane, unfortunately it's a fact of life with cats . . . they will eat/hunt smaller animals. I know it's not nice, but if Kado goes outside he will be bound to catch something.

Thing is, he's not really being naughty. He's only doing what's natural for him and he'll be a bit put out coz usually they will bring their kills back for their human mummy and daddy to 'appreciate' :shock:

kado
12-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I shound't realy say this but i was realy proud of him. Having to pick up some more food for simon at the vets for him so i will pick some worming tablets tomorow as well

Rosie
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
My Rosie is an excellent hunter and this year it has been the turn of the unfortunate frogs in the pond in my garden. She also brings in mice and the odd bird. It is her contribution to the household.

If they are still alive I am usually able to rescue them as long as I put them somewhere outside without her looking.

charliebubs
12-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Bless him - he was probably so pleased with himself!!!! :)

As Yola says - it's not "naughty" - it's natural.

My old family cats always used to decapitate the birds that they caught. I never knew what happened to the heads, but I could come downstairs in the morning to find one or two birdie bodies - heads missing. :? Yuck!!

dandysmom
12-04-2007, 04:40 PM
He's just doing what comes naturally...cats are predators, and will hunt instinctively even though well fed. He's not naughty!! Bless him!

kado
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
He hasnt caught anything today but we had to go to get him out of the corner shop has he woudnt move when they told him to get out. They dont mind as everybody who works at the shop has at least 2 cats and they all usually sit outside together and sike the dogs outs who come by